Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Infant car seats

I run a couple in my Jeep. Itís by far my favorite mod! . As mentioned the detachable base Graco works well. We have the Snugride like others and like it. But eventually youíll have to go to a fixed one once the kiddo is heavy or tall enough. We have the Graco 4ever Extend2fit in my wifeís car which is really nice so I steal it and put it in the Jeep when I go wheeling. Keeps my sons head from moving much side to side. But normally I have the Graco Contender 65 in there which is okay. When it was rear facing it was a pain in the ass to reach the belt tension release button. But now itís forward facing and not an issue. But I havenít found any car seats that fit well and donít push on the front seats when rear facing. But since youíre vertically challenged at least you donít need your seat pushed back far. Friend of mine just had twins and had a 2 year old so heís got three car seats wedged in the back of his JKU.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_RCW View Post
    I run a couple in my Jeep. Itís by far my favorite mod! . As mentioned the detachable base Graco works well. We have the Snugride like others and like it. But eventually youíll have to go to a fixed one once the kiddo is heavy or tall enough. We have the Graco 4ever Extend2fit in my wifeís car which is really nice so I steal it and put it in the Jeep when I go wheeling. Keeps my sons head from moving much side to side. But normally I have the Graco Contender 65 in there which is okay. When it was rear facing it was a pain in the ass to reach the belt tension release button. But now itís forward facing and not an issue. But I havenít found any car seats that fit well and donít push on the front seats when rear facing. But since youíre vertically challenged at least you donít need your seat pushed back far. Friend of mine just had twins and had a 2 year old so heís got three car seats wedged in the back of his JKU.

i can't even imagine.

we used the keyfit for my daughter three years ago and are using a new one for my 3 week old son.

The base stays in the vehicle and the carrier pops out with one button and snaps right into a stroller.

We used Chico Keyfit 30's for both boys. There's a folding lightweight stroller that it works with too. Extra bases for the other car and grandma's car too.

You'll barely get 2 years out of them before little baby is ready to face forward. Then we moved to bigger convertibles. Now we're in boosters.

I wish someone would have told me how quickly you move out of "baby phase" and have to ditch all the gear that we spent so much time and money researching for "the best".

Buy the book "baby bargains". Best money we spent being new parents.
    2015 JKU Rubicon

I had good luck with Britax car seats. I found when I used rear facing I actually put it in the middle and used one latch restraint from each side. Fit better that way. Also when she went to the full size forward facing it wouldn't sit right with the head rest. I found that if I collapsed the seat so the head rest folded back then held it I could get the car seat in nice and tight. With regards to accidents yes it's recommended they are replaced after one. There should be some red break away thread for the harness to act as a shock absorber. There is a sticker over it that tears if this happens. If it's torn its an indicator that it has been in an accident. If you provide a receipt to your insurance company they'll cut you a full refund check for it so you can buy a new one. My daughter is almost 12 and has been in 3 accidents... this is how I know that.

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    I had good luck with Britax car seats. I found when I used rear facing I actually put it in the middle and used one latch restraint from each side. Fit better that way. Also when she went to the full size forward facing it wouldn't sit right with the head rest. I found that if I collapsed the seat so the head rest folded back then held it I could get the car seat in nice and tight. With regards to accidents yes it's recommended they are replaced after one. There should be some red break away thread for the harness to act as a shock absorber. There is a sticker over it that tears if this happens. If it's torn its an indicator that it has been in an accident. If you provide a receipt to your insurance company they'll cut you a full refund check for it so you can buy a new one. My daughter is almost 12 and has been in 3 accidents... this is how I know that.
    Dang. One of my direct reports says he only uses Britax after his mother in law was tboned and rolled over with his son in a Britax. Kiddo only had a little bruising from the straps cause he was hanging upside down.
    Last edited by TheGrendel; 01-31-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Dump the kids and spend the money you save on the Jeep. You're welcome. 😎

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    I am with you on Britax. Used them since day one and they did work great for me. My six years old still using one.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Dump the kids and spend the money you save on the Jeep. You're welcome. 😎

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Nice input
    2015 JKU Rubicon

Fresh Catch
    I have the nuna pipa lite. In my 2 door with 37ís. Itís way easier then I thought, after reading all the horror stories. I can literally load my son from the passenger side with just the seat foreword. I find itís easier to put him into my jk then it is to put him into my wifeís kk liberty.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast