Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Infant car seats

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar

Question Infant car seats

what have people run?

i learned 2 things about my Jeep last night. 1) the backseat is truly a pain to get a car seat in securely. the angles are all wrong. 2) i'll be staying at 35s for the foreseeable future. really glad i didn't jump to 37s. otherwise, i'd be screwed getting a kid in and out as i am height limited.

Get one with a detatchable base. That way the base stays buckled into the Jeep at all times. One or two button clicks and you can pull the upper part out with the baby already in it. Very simple. Was very convenient for us. I honestly can't remember which brands we had.

311662_16080_L.jpg
    Last edited by WJCO; 01-30-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Get one with a detatchable base. That way the base stays buckled into the Jeep at all times. One or two button clicks and you can pull the upper part out with the baby already in it. Very simple. Was very convenient for us. I honestly can't remember which brands we had.
    That type was recommended to me by a coworker. I didn’t realize car seats had expiration dates, either.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Build Thread-- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...l-II-The-Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    I didn’t realize car seats had expiration dates, either.

Yep. I learned a lot too about these things. Also getting one used from someone you don't know can be sketchy. If vehicle has ever been in an accident, supposedly car seats can be cracked internally and no one knows (similar to a bike helmet after a crash). A lot of second-hand stores won't even take used car seats.

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    my brother gave me one of their convertibles. no wrecks and still good on expiration. but, it's really too big in the reverse. going to need an infant style with a base for sure.

Not trying to Brand drop or anyting, but we use the Graco SnugRide snuglock system. It has been working very well as the car seat interchanges with the stroller and we have a base in each vehicle. I know there are other manufacturers that offer similar systems.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by 98XJ06LJ; 01-30-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    my brother gave me one of their convertibles. no wrecks and still good on expiration. but, it's really too big in the reverse. going to need an infant style with a base for sure.
    Order the back seat recliner spacers for the back seat. It will give you more room to get the seat in and out. You can get them on Amazon They also make a door strap limiter extension that can open the at a wider angle. That helps too. I’ve had two car seats in my JKU for the last five years. A lot of that on 37s and a 4.5” lift. You’ll manage just fine. Congrats, it is world changing in the very best way!

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

After having 2 kids I highly highly recomend grace snugride series, the base is detachable and it’s one of the easiest brands to remove the cover to wash if and when your child throws up etc. my wife’s generic and Walmart brand car seats she went through we’re not fun to mess with at all. Especially adjusting the harnesses

Infant car seats

X2 for the rear door strap extensions. They will make your life 100% easier with loading and unloading a car seat. Especially if your doing it with full hands and on your own. Graco with the detachable base is also a must have.

Edit: We learned with our second child, a mirror on the head rest keeps them entertained and less cranky.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Yep. I learned a lot too about these things. Also getting one used from someone you don't know can be sketchy. If vehicle has ever been in an accident, supposedly car seats can be cracked internally and no one knows (similar to a bike helmet after a crash). A lot of second-hand stores won't even take used car seats.
    That and used car seats are a cesspool of germs from barf, spilled and dropped food, etc.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast