Fusion 4x4 Axles / Dynatrac Dump

Sullivan

Fusion 4x4 Axles

Yes I do. Just installed a set of fusion 60’s on my buddies jeep. Love their king pin set up. And if you buy front and rear, you get the fusion 2.5ton tie rod and drag link. Which are awesome.
Very good quality and great customer service.
They actually want to know your whole build, wheel and tore package so they can make sure you get what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SLO

Still don’t have my Jeep back but it’s pretty much done. I can’t give honest feedback on how they are over time and after abuse but I can say that Dan is very knowledgable, very helpful and great to work with and he (and his products) have a great reputation. I haven’t heard anything negative yet and I did as much research as I could. He would be the first to tell you that Dynatrac also has a fantastic product and I agree. I ended up going with Fusion because he’ll customize just about anything (axles shafts, length, gear ratios, pinion gear size, lockers, etc) and there were some additional options I couldn’t find elsewhere. Also, there was no additional cost for custom lengths, castor angles, etc. Last thing, I was really interested is trying out kingpins.

Here is a link with some pictures: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=55768

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve had the 60/44 hybrid front 60sf rear for a year now and couldn’t be happier! Dan from fusion is awesome and a huge resource as you start looking and axles whether or not you buy his. He’s still have to help you figure out the best solution for your Jeep. I ordered mine at 68.5” in width and had them shipped with his tie rod and drag link. Extremely well made products.

BIG DAWG

Still don’t have my Jeep back but it’s pretty much done. I can’t give honest feedback on how they are over time and after abuse but I can say that Dan is very knowledgable, very helpful and great to work with and he (and his products) have a great reputation. I haven’t heard anything negative yet and I did as much research as I could. He would be the first to tell you that Dynatrac also has a fantastic product and I agree. I ended up going with Fusion because he’ll customize just about anything (axles shafts, length, gear ratios, pinion gear size, lockers, etc) and there were some additional options I couldn’t find elsewhere. Also, there was no additional cost for custom lengths, castor angles, etc. Last thing, I was really interested is trying out kingpins.

Here is a link with some pictures: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=55768
Thank you Brother

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

SLO

Fusion 4x4 Axles

I have had a couple questions about my Fusion 4x4 Dana 60’s. I bought them about the same time as a buddy of mine who bought the Dynatrac XD60’s with almost the exact same set up (wheels, tires, suspension, etc) as me. I wanted to post my thoughts and comparison from what we have both noticed.

The question I get most is whether I like them or wish I would have gone Dynatrac. I’m still not 100% sure, to be honest. Sometimes, the grass is greener on the other side.

Aesthetically, Dynatrac definitely wins. It’s the little things like their hardware, calipers, hubs, etc don’t rust after the first drop of water hits. Dynatrac paints the hubs, uses zinc coated or painted hardware, calipers are zinc coated (I believe). Dynatrac’s diff covers are iconic and badass.

Fusion uses black oxide hardware, raw rear calipers and raw rear hubs, etc so it rusts really easily. The diff covers are simple, utilitarian and not fancy at all. I attached some pics to give context. In all fairness, Dan at Fusion did say he was addressing the hardware. And, it’s not that hard to spray paint the hubs and calipers before install. Wish I would have known.

Aesthetics aside, I think Fusion has some really solid benefits for a much better price. They are much more customizable in axle lengths, gear ratios, pinion gear sizes, lockers, bracket locations/types, etc. For example, they will weld custom brackets for hydro assist, coil-overs, higher shock mounts, etc. at no extra cost. Plus, they come with their aluminum steering components which I’d buy anyway so there is significant value there to me. Oh, and kingpins are pretty badass. Better than Dynatrac’s HD ball joints? Not entirely sure, but I can see the argument for kingpins. All that for a couple/few grand less.

If I were to do it again, it would be a hard decision. The brand whore in me would go Dynatrac. The practical side of me would stick with Fusion.

IMG_0710.jpg
IMG_0711.jpg

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

I have had a couple questions about my Fusion 4x4 Dana 60’s. I bought them about the same time as a buddy of mine who bought the Funatrac XD60’s with almost the exact same set up (wheels, tires, suspension, etc) as me. I wanted to post my thoughts and comparison from what we have both noticed.

The question I get most is whether I like them or wish I would have gone Dynatrac. I’m still not 100% sure, to be honest. Sometimes, the grass is greener on the other side.

Aesthetically, Dynatrac definitely wins. It’s the little things like their hardware, calipers, hubs, etc don’t rust after the first drop of water hits. Dynatrac paints the hubs, uses zinc coated or painted hardware, calipers are zinc coated (I believe). Dynatrac’s diff covers are iconic and badass.

Fusion uses black oxide hardware, raw rear calipers and raw rear hubs, etc so it rusts really easily. The diff covers are simple, utilitarian and not fancy at all. I attached some pics to give context. In all fairness, Dan at Fusion did say he was addressing the hardware. And, it’s not that hard to spray paint the hubs and calipers before install. Wish I would have known.

Aesthetics aside, I think Fusion has some really solid benefits for a much better price. They are much more customizable in axle lengths, gear ratios, pinion gear sizes, lockers, bracket locations/types, etc. For example, they will weld custom brackets for hydro assist, coil-overs, higher shock mounts, etc. at no extra cost. Plus, they come with their aluminum steering components which I’d buy anyway so there is significant value there to me. Oh, and kingpins are pretty badass. Better than Dynatrac’s HD ball joints? Not entirely sure, but I can see the argument for kingpins. All that for a couple/few grand less.

If I were to do it again, it would be a hard decision. The brand whore in me would go Dynatrac. The practical side of me would stick with Fusion.

View attachment 331347
View attachment 331348

Does Fusion give you a set of axles if you wear yoga pants and make a video with their axles? Asking for a friend...

A.J.

Interesting about the calipers. Maybe Fusion did make a change because mine are zinc coated. The rear hubs are bare steel. I may paint them at some point but haven’t so far. I have to agree though that Dynatrac has a more finished product. I really had a hard time choosing when I made my purchase. In my opinion the Fusions are a step up from the regular pro rock 60’s but just a little behind the XD 60’s overall. Lots and lots of options and details for debate but that’s where I ended up when comparing them. Definitely going to be putting my Fusions to the test. Time will tell but so far I am pretty impressed. As far as aesthetics go I agree Dynatrac is a more finished product.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Fusion 4x4 Axles

I love my Fusions. I agree, the only complaint and it is a little one, is the paint finish. After going thru a winter season here in Detroit, a lot of the black paint in the tubes had blown off. I repainted everything with Por 15 and it’s holding up great now.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom