Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: King of the Hammers 2019

Been Around the Block Jaybird 11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    I donít think itís unreasonable to expect people to wipe their own ass. The promoter put the trash there by holding the event and allowing the public to participate, I understand that. Thereís a difference though between accidentally dropping a piece of a wrapper, and throwing EVERY single empty beer can over the barrier tape and into the trail. Thereís a lot of that happening and itís only a matter of time before the promoter has to get stupid strict about it. I wouldnít be surprised if they stop allowing alcohol altogether.

The real shit storm happens at night and that has nothing to do with the promoter since itís open to the public, so I guess it all comes down to the asshole and his trash. Even without the event, the asshole and his trash still exist. One did not create the other. So whether or not KOH happens, the threat of drunken hillbillyís throwing trash all over BLM land will continue to persist. People just need to be decent.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    I donít think itís unreasonable to expect people to wipe their own ass. The promoter put the trash there by holding the event and allowing the public to participate, I understand that. Thereís a difference though between accidentally dropping a piece of a wrapper, and throwing EVERY single empty beer can over the barrier tape and into the trail. Thereís a lot of that happening and itís only a matter of time before the promoter has to get stupid strict about it. I wouldnít be surprised if they stop allowing alcohol altogether.

The real shit storm happens at night and that has nothing to do with the promoter since itís open to the public, so I guess it all comes down to the asshole and his trash. Even without the event, the asshole and his trash still exist. One did not create the other. So whether or not KOH happens, the threat of drunken hillbillyís throwing trash all over BLM land will continue to persist. People just need to be decent.

Very well said.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block jkbarnett's Avatar
    IMG_3953.jpg

On the road

Iím flying out there on Tuesday.
    And I agree with all the idiots trashing it. Itís only a matter of time and they will be stopping it, or just not allowing the permit. Canít have 80,000 people in one spot and not have damage. Itís just too big and too much.

Been Around the Block jkbarnett's Avatar
    IMG_3953.jpg

On the road

Quote Originally Posted by dhughes16 View Post
    Iíll be at FT Irwin, just north of it. But I plan on treating my Humvee like an ultra 4 racer to help myself cope with missing it 🤷🏻*♀️

I see another DRMO gem in the making!

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Anyone thinking or planning of going out there on Thursday? I have never been and want to check it out. Also is Thursday or Friday a better day to go?
    Last edited by MericaMade; 02-05-2019 at 01:18 AM.
    2017 Rubicon JKU -- EVO Enforcer 3 inch stage 3 with draglink flipkit -- King 2.5 Resi's -- Method Beadlocks -- 37 BFG KM2 -- GenRight Front/Rear bumper and Tire Carrier -- Adams 1350 shafts -- still going

Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    Anyone thinking or planning of going out there on Thursday? I have never been and want to check it out. Also is Thursday or Friday a better day to go?
    Friday is the big KOH race. If you've never been may want to go then. I believe the flag drops at 8am. Unfortunately seeing much of the race is difficult as its so spread out.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by jesse3638; 02-05-2019 at 03:40 AM.

Trophy trucks are qualifying, the race begins at 10am. The drivers are averaging 70+ mph over the 20 mile qualifying course. Insanely fast!

Quote Originally Posted by jkbarnett View Post
    IMG_3953.jpg

On the road

Lone Pine visitor center...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast