Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the Hammers 2019

Been Around the Block jkbarnett's Avatar

King of the Hammers 2019

Iím on my to Death Valley tomorrow and heading to KOH on Monday. Any one else going to be there ??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Yup... Meeting up with the gang at 5 AM to caravan down, gonna be a long 12 hour drive. Too bad I'm leaving the Jeep behind and taking the RZR, but then again I can't haul the fifth wheel down with the jeep.

trailer.jpg

I wish, my boss is heading out there and running with the canam no limit team. Canít wait to see how Jordan does in his new ultra4, triton built him a very competitive car!

Iíll be at FT Irwin, just north of it. But I plan on treating my Humvee like an ultra 4 racer to help myself cope with missing it 🤷🏻*♀️

Youtube coverage last year made it so much easier to watch than being there...haha. Especially since the last time I actually went I was walking around on a broken leg and didn't know it.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm doing the Genright Experience run after the race is over. One visit was enough for me at that shitshow. 😂

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    I'm doing the Genright Experience run after the race is over. One visit was enough for me at that shitshow.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Did you have a bad experience or ? I know it can be VERY crowded.

2016 JKU

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    I'm doing the Genright Experience run after the race is over. One visit was enough for me at that shitshow.

--
    Lol, we had fun last year but just couldnít make myself go this year. The jack ass spectators ruined it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Lol, we had fun last year but just couldnít make myself go this year. The jack ass spectators ruined it for me.

I've never been to hammers but I imagine it's the same as X Games. Aspen is a mad house during X Games, never again. Way to many people, the whole thing is so spread out it's a pain in the ass to get from one spot to another and even if you can get there there are too many people to see anything. TV coverage is so good these days that going to the event and fighting the crowds is hardly worth it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 98XJ06LJ View Post
    I've never been to hammers but I imagine it's the same as X Games. Aspen is a mad house during X Games, never again. Way to many people, the whole thing is so spread out it's a pain in the ass to get from one spot to another and even if you can get there there are too many people to see anything. TV coverage is so good these days that going to the event and fighting the crowds is hardly worth it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app
    The number of people didnít bother me. Itís was the quality of people. Most people there are probably great, but all it takes is a few assholes to ruin it. I was working recovery on Chocolate Thunder and first thing in the morning we would have to walk the obstacle to clean all the trash up and hide it from the cameras. The concern is that some tree hugger is going to see the trash on the video and then the BLM is going to start hearing about it. I think itís a legit concern and wouldnít be surprised if it causes some serious changes down the road.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast