Tensioner Pulley NOT spinning

jbelaval

Hello, my name is Jose and I have a 99 wrangler with the 2.5l engine with the standard trans. My tensioner pulley is not spinning and is running through serpentine belts like water(3 so far in 2 weeks). I have since replaced the pulley itself and that has not helped. My question is.. is there a spacer that goes behind the pulley itself so that it’s not stuck on the mounting plate and able to spin freely. Currently, the pulley grinds on the mounting plate because I assume there is no spacer to separate the two components. This is my girlfriends daily driver and I can’t find anywhere online where people have had the same issue. Any knowledge is appreciated! Thank you!

Ps. The tensioner is the bolt style tensioner, not your typical 1/4” drive rotation tensioner. The tensioner assembly works fine and seems to do its job, my issue is that the tensioner pulley has been grinding on the mounting plate.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Hello, my name is Jose and I have a 99 wrangler with the 2.5l engine with the standard trans. My tensioner pulley is not spinning and is running through serpentine belts like water(3 so far in 2 weeks). I have since replaced the pulley itself and that has not helped. My question is.. is there a spacer that goes behind the pulley itself so that it’s not stuck on the mounting plate and able to spin freely. Currently, the pulley grinds on the mounting plate because I assume there is no spacer to separate the two components. This is my girlfriends daily driver and I can’t find anywhere online where people have had the same issue. Any knowledge is appreciated! Thank you!

Ps. The tensioner is the bolt style tensioner, not your typical 1/4” drive rotation tensioner. The tensioner assembly works fine and seems to do its job, my issue is that the tensioner pulley has been grinding on the mounting plate.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Put a straight edge across various pullies and see if that tensioner one sits lower. They should all be on the same plane when the belt is spinning.

WJCO

Meme King
Just found this online. Not sure if it's the same as yours but it's sold as a kit and comes with some kind of spacer.

IMG_20190202_065532_998.jpg

Top Bottom