Dynatrac PR60 brake replacement

OneTonJK

I need a little help.

On my 2007 JK, I have a Dynatrac PR60 front / Trail Series 60 rear and need to replace the pads / rotors. I didn't buy these axles from Dynatrac; they came on the Jeep when I bought it. So, obviously I wasn't the one who chose all the options.

The bolt pattern is 5x5.5 and the calipers have the Chrysler logo stamped into the casting. When I called Dynatrac, the sales guy I talked to had to ask a tech guy which pads and rotors I would need. They told me based on the bolt pattern, the front was from a 2004 Dodge 1500, and the rear was a 2010 Dodge 1500. So, I ordered parts based on that recommendation.

I have done disc brakes before, but never on a vehicle with locking hubs. Imagine my surprise when I started working and realized I needed to pull the hub first! I can't find a tutorial ANYWHERE for a brake job on the Dynatrac PR60 (Dynalock hubs). None of the tutorials I have found have anywhere close to the combination of variables I have going on with this particular job.

Is there a tutorial out there similar to what I need, or will I have to just wing it based on the Dynalock hub documentation and my previous (limited) experience doing disk brakes on vehicles without hubs?

Thanks!

Top Bottom