Thread: Dynatrac PR60 brake replacement

Dynatrac PR60 brake replacement

I need a little help.

On my 2007 JK, I have a Dynatrac PR60 front / Trail Series 60 rear and need to replace the pads / rotors. I didn't buy these axles from Dynatrac; they came on the Jeep when I bought it. So, obviously I wasn't the one who chose all the options.

The bolt pattern is 5x5.5 and the calipers have the Chrysler logo stamped into the casting. When I called Dynatrac, the sales guy I talked to had to ask a tech guy which pads and rotors I would need. They told me based on the bolt pattern, the front was from a 2004 Dodge 1500, and the rear was a 2010 Dodge 1500. So, I ordered parts based on that recommendation.

I have done disc brakes before, but never on a vehicle with locking hubs. Imagine my surprise when I started working and realized I needed to pull the hub first! I can't find a tutorial ANYWHERE for a brake job on the Dynatrac PR60 (Dynalock hubs). None of the tutorials I have found have anywhere close to the combination of variables I have going on with this particular job.

Is there a tutorial out there similar to what I need, or will I have to just wing it based on the Dynalock hub documentation and my previous (limited) experience doing disk brakes on vehicles without hubs?

Thanks!

I’d Call Dynatrac. Start there with the right answers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler