Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sure it's Bigger... but is it actually Better? DISSECTING the JL WRANGLER Front Axle

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Damn... that PR44 does offer up some peace of mind when compared to the other 2.... I thought the JL tube would be thicker than that... Crazy.
    Yeah, me too. That is, until I saw it from the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiDave View Post
    Seeing those axle tube cross sections really puts it into perspective. Now I'm going to cringe every time I hit a rut or bump.
    Fortunately, you're still stock and a 2-door so it should hold up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Great read. Very informative
    Thanks. Glad to hear it.

Sure it's Bigger... but is it actually Better? DISSECTING the JL WRANGLER Front Axle

With the FAD, I realize you can just fully swap internals, but kind of a bummer as that makes an upgrade to PR44JL much likely more expensive. Those tube walls are impressive though!!

Will be interesting to see the price points and options as things progress. You’ve noted not being a fan of the RCV axle shafts.

Looking forward to the vid all the same.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Awsome read and the side by side comparisons really tell the whole story. I can’t believe that the JL axel tube is that thin. Engineering is engineering, but sometimes one just needs to take a step back to see that things don’t quite look right, regardless of the “engineering”.

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    You really can't argue with those photos. Good stuff! I love the How It's Made videos too. I still watch the PR80 video on occasion.

Caught the Bug
    Awesome comparison! Anyone know off the top of their head if the tube wall thickness is the same on the PR44 for the JK platform?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowcool View Post
    Awesome comparison! Anyone know off the top of their head if the tube wall thickness is the same on the PR44 for the JK platform?

Never mind. I just looked it up. Looks like it can be ordered with the same thickness on the JK platform. Awesome.

Jesus Christ the jl tube walls are thin compared to the jk. Also the pr44 tubes are massive!!!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Very informative, PR44 tube is massive. Can’t wait to see one under Jet Li, also can’t wait to see how one is made.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    What Ddays said. As much as we would have loved to go XD60 and run 40's, we've got a Gladiator we need to buy and doing both would have been a bit much for us. Needless to say, for now, we're just planning on sticking with 37's.
    Famous last words. I get it though baby steps..haha.

There is a reason Dynatrac has the reputation they do. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great info! That’s really cool to see the difference in all of them. I bet Jet Li is chomping at the bit as well as you guys lol.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast