Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sure it's Bigger... but is it actually Better? DISSECTING the JL WRANGLER Front Axle

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRubicon View Post
    This reinforces why I wont go bigger than 35's on my Rubicon. Your write up is informative and thanks for the correction.
    You can't buy any vehicle from factory and expect it to be the NUTS. Jeep has to pay government an exorbitant amount of money to even release the Wrangler(and other vehicles) Bigger the carbon foot print, the more auto manuf's have to pay. That's why they lightened it up as much as they could and still maintain the safety standards. But shit will break!!
    Within 10 years or less gas engines will be almost gone. Have you seen Jeeps 5 year plan? https://wayalife.com/images/smilies/sSc_eek2.gif
    Honestly, speed breaks things than any rock crawling could ever hope to. I see you're out in PA and I think you could run 37's without too much to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    Iíll admit Iím a bit surprised they went with FAD. I understand why, just a little surprised. I still see it as a major improvement over the JK, with the exception of the drain plug...
    Truthfully, I've been finding the FAD to be kind of nice or at least, in terms of being able to run more caster without any ill effect on the front drive shaft. The drain bolt on the bottom of the diff is just retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    The comparison is unbelievable! I canít wait to see your video on the JL pr44!
    Well, like I said, we still have a bit of filming to do but I do hope to have it out sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I can't wait to see your Gladiator with XD60's & 40's...
    You and me both!

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Jet Li on the PR!

Itís really cool the behind the scenes access you get and then to bring us along with you for us to see as well. Thank you!
    Fortunately, we've been doing this long enough to have made some good friends within the industry. We truly feel fortunate that we can share what we learn with guys like you

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Are they only offering one tube wall thickness due to the width? I thought they offer 3/8Ē and 1/2Ē wall for the JK
    For the JL Wrangler, they will only be offering this bigger tube with a 1/2" wall.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    So what youíre saying is my gladiator will be fine on stock axles and 40ís cause thatís what I heard.
    Well, if you heard it on the internet, it must be true

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I can't wait to see your Gladiator with XD60's & 40's...
    Thatís what I was thinking!

So what youíre saying is my gladiator will be fine on stock axles and 40ís cause thatís what I heard.
    Diesel or gasser?
    I want one so bad but the wait is going to kill me.
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Thatís what I was thinking!

Diesel or gasser?
    I want one so bad but the wait is going to kill me.
    Gas. Donít need diesel. Not in a compact truck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

Gas. Donít need diesel. Not in a compact truck.

Agreed. But my hate for the pentastar runs deep. Iím thinking about rolling the dice on a new engine. lol
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    IMPORTANT CORRECTION

I apologize for the inaccurate information and I hope to post updated photos in the near future.
    For comparison sake, could you add photos of PR44 Regular & Ultimate tubes plus the ProRock 44 tubes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruvicon View Post
    For comparison sake, could you add photos of PR44 Regular & Ultimate tubes plus the ProRock 44 tubes?

This is from dynatracís website.

IMG_0953.JPG

This is great info, sure one day I'll tear up these JLUR axles and Dynatrac is the only way I'll go. Excited to see everything they bring to the market

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I've updated the original post and have changed out the photos to show accurate comparison shots of what all the tubes actually look like next to each other.

In this first pic, you'll get to see what a JL Wrangler front axle tube looks like next to an old JK Wrangler one. Again, the JL tube has a diameter of 2.75" and that is a bit bigger than the 2.50" that the JK had but it is still shy of the 3" it really should be. Also, the wall thickness of the JL tube is only 0.282" and that's just slightly thicker than what it was before.

This new pic shows what a JL Wrangler front axle tube looks like next to the standard tube that is used on a Dynatrac ProRock 44JL.

As you can see, the difference is HUGE and there really is no comparison. The Dynatrac ProRock 44JL tube kills the JL tube with it's MASSIVE 3.125" diameter tubes and with an impressive 0.50" wall. Just to give you some perspective, this is the same tube that Moby's old ProRock 60 has!

Finally, here's a shot that shows what a Dynatrac ProRock 44JL tube looks like next to a JL tube and a JK tube.

Once again, I apologize for the incorrect information that I had originally posted and hope these new pics are helpful to you

Sure it's Bigger... but is it actually Better? DISSECTING the JL WRANGLER Front Axle

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I've updated the original post and have changed out the photos to show accurate comparison shots of what all the tubes actually look like next to each other.

In this first pic, you'll get to see what a JL Wrangler front axle tube looks like next to an old JK Wrangler one. Again, the JL tube has a diameter of 2.75" and that is a bit bigger than the 2.50" that the JK had but it is still shy of the 3" it really should be. Also, the wall thickness of the JL tube is only 0.282" and that's just slightly thicker than what it was before.

This new pic shows what a JL Wrangler front axle tube looks like next to the standard tube that is used on a Dynatrac ProRock 44JL.

As you can see, the difference is HUGE and there really is no comparison. The Dynatrac ProRock 44JL tube kills the JL tube with it's MASSIVE 3.125" diameter tubes and with an impressive 0.50" wall. Just to give you some perspective, this is the same tube that Moby's old ProRock 60 has!

Finally, here's a shot that shows what a Dynatrac ProRock 44JL tube looks like next to a JL tube and a JK tube.

Once again, I apologize for the incorrect information that I had originally posted and hope these new pics are helpful to you
    HOLY AXLE TUBE BATMAN! Shit is massive!!!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast