Mystery Leak

j33pZ

I'll try to get to the point. My 2011 JKU started leaving two small puddles of what appears to be pinkish liquid on my driveway.
It looks to me like it is originating from the engine compartment. I thought it could be coolant, since my resevior is filled to about 2 inches below the min line. It started with the unusually cold weather, and I think it is from idling with the heater on in the morning.
I took it in for service. They couldnt find a leak in the coolant system but pressure testing apparently showed them I needed a new radiator cap.
The next morning, same drips on the driveway, same pattern, different spot.
After visulally inspecting the entire engine compartment, I found what could be the source. Check the picture, and if you know what this is please tell me. I would very much appreciate it.

Attachments

• 0204191754.jpg
    0204191754.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 0204191753.jpg
    0204191753.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 224

Jellymon

If your dealer couldn’t tell where that leak is coming from I wouldn’t trust them to even touch my Jeep.

longarmwj

Have you tried making sure your tampon is in all the way? If not, it can cause the leakage you’re experiencing.

[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]. As others have said, sounds like transmission fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
transmission lines, it's common and should be covered under warranty

take it to a different dealership that actually looks at the fucking area where it's leaking

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Holy shit, they missed that? I’d get that fixed as soon as possible but from some other shop. Like others said, it’s a common issue with the early year JKs and if I’m not mistaken, prone to start fires if left unresolved.

pitbull62

heres my take. see that coolant reservoir? thats where my leak was coming from. first i thot it was cracked but didnt always leak. i came to the conclusion that the jossling around of the jeep caused the pink flluid splash around and to leak at the backside or rather the overflow side of that tank. yes the reservoir is like an overflow tank, if you look closely one of the tubes on the backside of it, if your looking from inside the hood, is like an overflow that goes straight to the ground, in this case is landing on those lines.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
heres my take. see that coolant reservoir? thats where my leak was coming from. first i thot it was cracked but didnt always leak. i came to the conclusion that the jossling around of the jeep caused the pink flluid splash around and to leak at the backside or rather the overflow side of that tank. yes the reservoir is like an overflow tank, if you look closely one of the tubes on the backside of it, if your looking from inside the hood, is like an overflow that goes straight to the ground, in this case is landing on those lines.

No

Top Bottom