Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SUCKS to Run Errands in the SNOW

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    That’s awesome!! I look forward to the official thread!

As said before, I love the RCVs I have in the WJ, but then again I have locking hubs so I don’t have the clicking and grease issue most have written about. Nice upgrade for sure!!
    RCV's are strong axles and I've run them in the past. My biggest complaint about them is that they cost so much more than a good set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips and I really don't see them as being any better. For sure, the loud snap crackle pop they get when wheeled hard is annoying as hell too. But, giving the circumstances, I'd rather run them than nothing at all and this upgrade is something we've been wanting to do for a while now, especially after I started seeing more housing breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Oh.. he was for-shadowing... Lol.
    Indeed he was

Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    Lol WJCO deserves a pair
    I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Lol. Once I saw the building in the background, the first thing I looked at was the front diff. I did think the axle was still OEM because I didn't see the sexy curves that the prorock offers. But Eddie had recently done that Rancho skid video, so when I saw it missing, I was hoping he was getting a new axle from dynatrac.
    Well, we do film a lot and don't always post up videos chronologically but you were correct in assuming that something was going on. I removed the Rancho glide plate because I didn't want to leave it at Dynatrac and thought I may still have a use for it in the future

Quote Originally Posted by frenchjk View Post
    kewl as a jewelin the snow with that new front axle and rcv's, on and engineering point of view cv's are stronger but have to be greased or kept clear of contamination .... we get cv's "ome" on the all the JL's in Europe (good or bad time will tell) but the boots are the same standard crap that you get on any "automobile" these days and that is not really good in mud, salt, water crossings etc as they might be prone to cracking after 5 years or so....
    Oh yeah, as most people know, I'm not really a big fan of RCV's. I mean, they work but if I had other options available to me, I would have gone with one of them instead.

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a little bit of fun running those errands

We had to deal with similar conditions from that storm..
    20190205_072415.jpg

No Snow

Snows not an issue in Houston, we do get a bit of rain but, since I live on a hill, I just wait to go out!!

IMG_5989.jpg

HUGE thanks to Eddie for getting these out to me so fast!!! They are awesome and I’m glad to finally have a set! Had to break them in the right way!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    IMG_5989.jpg

HUGE thanks to Eddie for getting these out to me so fast!!! They are awesome and I’m glad to finally have a set! Had to break them in the right way!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    So glad you got them safe and sound - CHEERS!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456