Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - EVO Tire Carrier Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    I 100% agree... One day I’ll get around to replacing it. I love all the extras you can add to it, but it’s not worth it in the end...
    No pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post

LOL!! These are tailgate bolts and good-n-tite is all they really need. I only give torque specs where it's critical or for components that really need it like suspension or driveline parts.

The skin on the JL tailgate is aluminum.
    I only mentioned it because Teraflex had torque recommendations for the tailgate bolts for their carrier. You are usually very precise with those numbers. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by LARSONEM View Post
    I only mentioned it because Teraflex had torque recommendations for the tailgate bolts for their carrier. You are usually very precise with those numbers. Just saying.
    LOL!! It's a shame TeraFlex cares more about tailgate torque recommendations than the quality control of their products. Not sure how having a tight bolt would have prevented this.

Like I said, I am precise with things that actually matter. If a bolt on the tire carrier came loose, you'd most likely hear and or see it well before it became a problem. If a bolt came loose on your suspension or driveline, you could have a real problem on your hands. But of course, that's just me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234