Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: 3” or 4” Plush Rides?

  1. #1
    Hooked Hilop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fontana
    Posts
    140

    3” or 4” Plush Rides?

    Hello Fellas, I’ve been going back and forth about swapping out my 3” plush rides with 4” for a little added up travel. I have a family of 5 and when I’m fully loaded I have about a half inch to a inch of up travel, I’m not a go fast desert runner, mostly moderate rock crawling and exploring. I currently have the Synergy steering correction, front aftermarket driveshaft, adjustable LCA’s with bumps at correct height to keep 37’s from rubbing. This has been really driving me nuts making this decision because the 3” seems great.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Old Timer HighwayTrout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,476
    No question. Get 4
    en hopup veritas

  3. #3
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,901
    Not knocking the Plush rides, but Currie makes a 4" + 1 spring that I am currently running because I was a little droopy in the rear and having the up-travel issue after having the Rockstars installed. Being an inch taller also solved my loose coil issue when the rear was really flexed. They ride really well. Keep in mind you're gonna get the rake back with these, especially when unloaded.

    https://www.currieenterprises.com/CE-9132R1P

  4. #4
    Knows a Thing or Two A.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Grants Pass Or.
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilop View Post
    Hello Fellas, I’ve been going back and forth about swapping out my 3” plush rides with 4” for a little added up travel. I have a family of 5 and when I’m fully loaded I have about a half inch to a inch of up travel, I’m not a go fast desert runner, mostly moderate rock crawling and exploring. I currently have the Synergy steering correction, front aftermarket driveshaft, adjustable LCA’s with bumps at correct height to keep 37’s from rubbing. This has been really driving me nuts making this decision because the 3” seems great.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    I did the same thing. I like the extra up travel especially on some of those surprise bumps that are bigger than they look. No regrets at all. Looks just right with 37’s in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #5
    Nothing but a Thing jdofmemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Menifee CA
    Posts
    1,842
    I'm having the same thought, as I have limited travel, and my Jeep seems to sit noticably shorter than most I wheel with.
    Here is the view to the rear bumper stops, without any passengers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Nothing but a Thing Stotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    I'm having the same thought, as I have limited travel, and my Jeep seems to sit noticably shorter than most I wheel with.
    Here is the view to the rear bumper stops, without any passengers.
    Keep in mind that entire upper bump stop will collapse. Even if it's touching the bottom you'll still get a couple more inches of up travel as it collapses. I'd guess you've still got 3-4 inches of up travel in that photo if those are 3" lower bump stop extensions.

    No harm in getting the 4" though.
    Last edited by Stotch; 02-06-2019 at 09:29 PM.

  7. #7
    Nothing but a Thing jdofmemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Menifee CA
    Posts
    1,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Stotch View Post
    Keep in mind that entire upper bump stop will collapse. Even if it's touching the bottom you'll still get a couple more inches of up travel as it collapses. I'd guess you've still got 3-4 inches of up travel in that photo if those are 3" lower bump stop extensions.

    No harm in getting the 4" though.
    I get that, probably 3", but it hits hard way too often, plus I drag on things most of the guys on 37's clear

  8. #8
    Hooked Hilop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fontana
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I did the same thing. I like the extra up travel especially on some of those surprise bumps that are bigger than they look. No regrets at all. Looks just right with 37’s in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks for helping me make the decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    I'm having the same thought, as I have limited travel, and my Jeep seems to sit noticably shorter than most I wheel with.
    Here is the view to the rear bumper stops, without any passengers.
    That’s exactly how my bumps look, an extra inch never hurt anyone!

  9. #9
    Hooked bouche03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    184
    Let me know if you go to 4", I might be interested in the 3" coils if you are willing

  10. #10
    Hooked Hilop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fontana
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by bouche03 View Post
    Let me know if you go to 4", I might be interested in the 3" coils if you are willing
    I’ll let you know for sure.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-31-2017, 02:28 AM
  2. EVO Plush Rides help
    By TennJK in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-19-2015, 02:58 AM
  3. 4 in plush rides
    By tapcola in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 12:07 PM
  4. Plush rides
    By DKronk42 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 10:10 PM
  5. 3" Plush rides?
    By BadApple in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 09:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS