Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3” or 4” Plush Rides?

3” or 4” Plush Rides?

Hello Fellas, I’ve been going back and forth about swapping out my 3” plush rides with 4” for a little added up travel. I have a family of 5 and when I’m fully loaded I have about a half inch to a inch of up travel, I’m not a go fast desert runner, mostly moderate rock crawling and exploring. I currently have the Synergy steering correction, front aftermarket driveshaft, adjustable LCA’s with bumps at correct height to keep 37’s from rubbing. This has been really driving me nuts making this decision because the 3” seems great.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

No question. Get 4
    en hopup veritas

Not knocking the Plush rides, but Currie makes a 4" + 1 spring that I am currently running because I was a little droopy in the rear and having the up-travel issue after having the Rockstars installed. Being an inch taller also solved my loose coil issue when the rear was really flexed. They ride really well. Keep in mind you're gonna get the rake back with these, especially when unloaded.

https://www.currieenterprises.com/CE-9132R1P

Quote Originally Posted by Hilop View Post
    Hello Fellas, I’ve been going back and forth about swapping out my 3” plush rides with 4” for a little added up travel. I have a family of 5 and when I’m fully loaded I have about a half inch to a inch of up travel, I’m not a go fast desert runner, mostly moderate rock crawling and exploring. I currently have the Synergy steering correction, front aftermarket driveshaft, adjustable LCA’s with bumps at correct height to keep 37’s from rubbing. This has been really driving me nuts making this decision because the 3” seems great.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I did the same thing. I like the extra up travel especially on some of those surprise bumps that are bigger than they look. No regrets at all. Looks just right with 37’s in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm having the same thought, as I have limited travel, and my Jeep seems to sit noticably shorter than most I wheel with.
    Here is the view to the rear bumper stops, without any passengers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    I'm having the same thought, as I have limited travel, and my Jeep seems to sit noticably shorter than most I wheel with.
    Keep in mind that entire upper bump stop will collapse. Even if it's touching the bottom you'll still get a couple more inches of up travel as it collapses. I'd guess you've still got 3-4 inches of up travel in that photo if those are 3" lower bump stop extensions.

No harm in getting the 4" though.
    Last edited by Stotch; 02-06-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stotch View Post
    Keep in mind that entire upper bump stop will collapse. Even if it's touching the bottom you'll still get a couple more inches of up travel as it collapses. I'd guess you've still got 3-4 inches of up travel in that photo if those are 3" lower bump stop extensions.

No harm in getting the 4" though.
    I get that, probably 3", but it hits hard way too often, plus I drag on things most of the guys on 37's clear

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I did the same thing. I like the extra up travel especially on some of those surprise bumps that are bigger than they look. No regrets at all. Looks just right with 37’s in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks for helping me make the decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    That’s exactly how my bumps look, an extra inch never hurt anyone!

Let me know if you go to 4", I might be interested in the 3" coils if you are willing

Quote Originally Posted by bouche03 View Post
    Let me know if you go to 4", I might be interested in the 3" coils if you are willing
    I’ll let you know for sure.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast