3” or 4” Plush Rides?

Hilop

Caught the Bug
Hello Fellas, I’ve been going back and forth about swapping out my 3” plush rides with 4” for a little added up travel. I have a family of 5 and when I’m fully loaded I have about a half inch to a inch of up travel, I’m not a go fast desert runner, mostly moderate rock crawling and exploring. I currently have the Synergy steering correction, front aftermarket driveshaft, adjustable LCA’s with bumps at correct height to keep 37’s from rubbing. This has been really driving me nuts making this decision because the 3” seems great.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ddays

Hooked
Not knocking the Plush rides, but Currie makes a 4" + 1 spring that I am currently running because I was a little droopy in the rear and having the up-travel issue after having the Rockstars installed. Being an inch taller also solved my loose coil issue when the rear was really flexed. They ride really well. Keep in mind you're gonna get the rake back with these, especially when unloaded.

https://www.currieenterprises.com/CE-9132R1P

A.J.

Hello Fellas, I’ve been going back and forth about swapping out my 3” plush rides with 4” for a little added up travel. I have a family of 5 and when I’m fully loaded I have about a half inch to a inch of up travel, I’m not a go fast desert runner, mostly moderate rock crawling and exploring. I currently have the Synergy steering correction, front aftermarket driveshaft, adjustable LCA’s with bumps at correct height to keep 37’s from rubbing. This has been really driving me nuts making this decision because the 3” seems great.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I did the same thing. I like the extra up travel especially on some of those surprise bumps that are bigger than they look. No regrets at all. Looks just right with 37’s in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

I'm having the same thought, as I have limited travel, and my Jeep seems to sit noticably shorter than most I wheel with.
Here is the view to the rear bumper stops, without any passengers.

Attachments

• IMG_20190205_083158.jpg
    IMG_20190205_083158.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 221

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I'm having the same thought, as I have limited travel, and my Jeep seems to sit noticably shorter than most I wheel with.

Keep in mind that entire upper bump stop will collapse. Even if it's touching the bottom you'll still get a couple more inches of up travel as it collapses. I'd guess you've still got 3-4 inches of up travel in that photo if those are 3" lower bump stop extensions.

No harm in getting the 4" though.

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Keep in mind that entire upper bump stop will collapse. Even if it's touching the bottom you'll still get a couple more inches of up travel as it collapses. I'd guess you've still got 3-4 inches of up travel in that photo if those are 3" lower bump stop extensions.

No harm in getting the 4" though.

I get that, probably 3", but it hits hard way too often, plus I drag on things most of the guys on 37's clear

Hilop

Caught the Bug
I did the same thing. I like the extra up travel especially on some of those surprise bumps that are bigger than they look. No regrets at all. Looks just right with 37’s in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks for helping me make the decision.
That’s exactly how my bumps look, an extra inch never hurt anyone! :blush:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I stick with 3" springs because of my garage clearance. I tell myself the lower center of gravity is good and parking garage fitment at the airport can be a factor. However if my Jeep stayed outside, I'd run 4's.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I stick with 3" springs because of my garage clearance. I tell myself the lower center of gravity is good and parking garage fitment at the airport can be a factor. However if my Jeep stayed outside, I'd run 4's.

I think your Rig looks Great! Just got my 3” enforcer in and I can’t wait to get it on.... I figure IF I ever go to 37’s I could add a small spacer... or not.... But after seeing the fun those guys had in the Gladiator at KOH... with 35’s and that wheelbase... I think I’ll be on 35’s for a long time... lol

I think your Rig looks Great! Just got my 3” enforcer in and I can’t wait to get it on.... I figure IF I ever go to 37’s I could add a small spacer... or not.... But after seeing the fun those guys had in the Gladiator at KOH... with 35’s and that wheelbase... I think I’ll be on 35’s for a long time... lol

I think you’ll be really happy with that setup.

I know for me and how I pack 3 inches sags too much. I keep kicking the idea around to put a spacer or buckle down and order 4” springs. But at this point I half assed forgot I own a Jeep anymore so it’ll probably stay the same. lol

zimm

Caught the Bug
I played around with spacers a lot. I ended up with 1/2" spacers on the passenger side (front and rear) and now I'm just about level if I'm sitting in the Jeep. Still a bit of "JK lean" to passenger, but better than no spacers.

MericaMade

I played around with spacers a lot. I ended up with 1/2" spacers on the passenger side (front and rear) and now I'm just about level if I'm sitting in the Jeep. Still a bit of "JK lean" to passenger, but better than no spacers.
Guess I've been lucky and never had a deal with the JK lean. My jeep always looked relatively straight and measured out fine. I did the 3in on 37's and decided throw a half inch spacer on there but the coil did not look secure in my opinion so just running 3inch plush rides. Now i did put the coil spacer and coil isolator on together so I don't know if that was the problem. I love the ride of the Evo coils and been considering stepping up to the 4in just for a little bit more travel. But then I go into the self argument about if I'm going to put any more height in the Jeep I might as well just convert to coilovers.

Top Bottom