Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Dynatrac lift vs evo vs rock krawler

  1. #11
    Living the WAYALIFE JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    10,986
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    but only for now.
    I hate when you do this. Lol

    Im waiting for the next better shiny thing you keep teasing or testing. Damnit.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

  2. #12
    Been Around the Block Ruvicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Turlock, CA
    Posts
    252

    Dynatrac lift vs evo vs rock krawler

    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    So are 35's on a JL Rubicon really feasible for moderate off-roading with no lift?
    I have a JKUR and did the Rubicon and Fordyce last August on 35s, but told myself Id never do it again as I scrapped the shit out of the bottom. Im moving to larger tires just for more ground clearance and peace of mind.

    Heres the front lower control arms after the trip:
    IMG_5938.JPG

    And the rear lower control arms:
    IMG_5939.JPG
    IMG_5940.JPG

    Id move to 37s with an appropriate lift on the JL and add skid plates to front and rear lower control arm mounts.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #13
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    50,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    So are 35's on a JL Rubicon really feasible for moderate off-roading with no lift?
    With no lift? Not without rubbing the shit out of your fenders at a full flex.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    I hate when you do this. Lol

    I’m waiting for the next better shiny thing you keep teasing or testing. Damnit.
    LOL!! There only one way to gain experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruvicon View Post
    I have a JKUR and did the Rubicon and Fordyce last August on 35s, but told myself I’d never do it again as I scrapped the shit out of the bottom. I’m moving to larger tires just for more ground clearance and peace of mind.

    I’d move to 37s with an appropriate lift on the JL and add skid plates to front and rear lower control arm mounts.
    Essentially, it "can" be done but not without a lot more effort.

    BTW, did you ever get to run the whole thing? I know you guys didn't even make it to winch hill 1 before that guy got killed.

  4. #14
    Knows a Thing or Two Dale72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jackson MS
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    I hate when you do this. Lol

    Im waiting for the next better shiny thing you keep teasing or testing. Damnit.
    He did say that he wanted the coilovers that Mel is running when Eddie drove it the video he made when Mel was showing it

    Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #15
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,100
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    With no lift? Not without rubbing the shit out of your fenders at a full flex.
    That's what I thought but haven't been able to get anyone to really confirm that. Thanks!

  6. #16
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    50,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale72 View Post
    He did say that he wanted the coilovers that Mel is running when Eddie drove it the video he made when Mel was showing it
    Definitely on the to do list but I really want more experience running other lifts first. Once I go coilovers, there's pretty much no turning back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    That's what I thought but haven't been able to get anyone to really confirm that. Thanks!
    Around town, you'd be fine with 35's and no lift. On the trail, you'll have enough flex for this to be a problem. When the JL was revealed, Mike Manly himself said as much.

  7. #17
    Knows a Thing or Two Dale72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jackson MS
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Definitely on the to do list but I really want more experience running other lifts first. Once I go coilovers, there's pretty much no turning back.



    Around town, you'd be fine with 35's and no lift. On the trail, you'll have enough flex for this to be a problem. When the JL was revealed, Mike Manly himself said as much.
    Yeah I heard that you wanted to test a lot of different lifts before you went with the coilovers

    Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #18
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,100
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Around town, you'd be fine with 35's and no lift. On the trail, you'll have enough flex for this to be a problem. When the JL was revealed, Mike Manly himself said as much.
    Yup, time for a lift. lots of rubbing. As long as the wheels are kept straight you can get away with this for short distances. If you have to turn, the wheels are really into the corners of the fenders and you risk tearing them up.

    CL1A4294.jpg

    CL1A4290.jpg

    CL1A4291.jpg

  9. #19
    Addict JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    6,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Yup, time for a lift. lots of rubbing. As long as the wheels are kept straight you can get away with this for short distances. If you have to turn, the wheels are really into the corners of the fenders and you risk tearing them up.

    CL1A4294.jpg

    CL1A4290.jpg

    CL1A4291.jpg
    That looks great! What lift you thinking?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #20
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,100
    Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    That looks great! What lift you thinking?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks, I'm thinking either the Dynatrac 2" or EVO 2.5 at the moment. I don't wan't to get too tall with this one. IDK. Have lots of time to kick this around.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. EVO 3" Plush Ride Coils vs 4" coils
    By flectarn in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-08-2016, 07:27 PM
  2. 3.5 JK coils
    By AaronG83NM in forum Wanted (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 02:38 AM
  3. TeraFlex 2.5" coils vs JKU Rubicon coils... just FYI
    By dan3jeeps in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2015, 10:14 PM
  4. TJ coils
    By JKbrick in forum Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2015, 08:53 PM
  5. Coils???
    By Jerms in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-12-2013, 02:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
wayoflife is a moniker that Ive been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS