Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dynatrac lift vs evo vs rock krawler

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    but only for now.
    I hate when you do this. Lol

Im waiting for the next better shiny thing you keep teasing or testing. Damnit.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Dynatrac lift vs evo vs rock krawler

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    So are 35's on a JL Rubicon really feasible for moderate off-roading with no lift?
    I have a JKUR and did the Rubicon and Fordyce last August on 35s, but told myself Id never do it again as I scrapped the shit out of the bottom. Im moving to larger tires just for more ground clearance and peace of mind.

Heres the front lower control arms after the trip:
    IMG_5938.JPG

And the rear lower control arms:
    IMG_5939.JPG
    IMG_5940.JPG

Id move to 37s with an appropriate lift on the JL and add skid plates to front and rear lower control arm mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So are 35's on a JL Rubicon really feasible for moderate off-roading with no lift?
    With no lift? Not without rubbing the shit out of your fenders at a full flex.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post

I’m waiting for the next better shiny thing you keep teasing or testing. Damnit.
    LOL!! There only one way to gain experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruvicon View Post
    I have a JKUR and did the Rubicon and Fordyce last August on 35s, but told myself I’d never do it again as I scrapped the shit out of the bottom. I’m moving to larger tires just for more ground clearance and peace of mind.

I’d move to 37s with an appropriate lift on the JL and add skid plates to front and rear lower control arm mounts.
    Essentially, it "can" be done but not without a lot more effort.

BTW, did you ever get to run the whole thing? I know you guys didn't even make it to winch hill 1 before that guy got killed.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post

Im waiting for the next better shiny thing you keep teasing or testing. Damnit.
    He did say that he wanted the coilovers that Mel is running when Eddie drove it the video he made when Mel was showing it

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

With no lift? Not without rubbing the shit out of your fenders at a full flex.
    That's what I thought but haven't been able to get anyone to really confirm that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale72 View Post
    He did say that he wanted the coilovers that Mel is running when Eddie drove it the video he made when Mel was showing it
    Definitely on the to do list but I really want more experience running other lifts first. Once I go coilovers, there's pretty much no turning back.

That's what I thought but haven't been able to get anyone to really confirm that. Thanks!
    Around town, you'd be fine with 35's and no lift. On the trail, you'll have enough flex for this to be a problem. When the JL was revealed, Mike Manly himself said as much.

Definitely on the to do list but I really want more experience running other lifts first. Once I go coilovers, there's pretty much no turning back.

Around town, you'd be fine with 35's and no lift. On the trail, you'll have enough flex for this to be a problem. When the JL was revealed, Mike Manly himself said as much.
    Yeah I heard that you wanted to test a lot of different lifts before you went with the coilovers

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup, time for a lift. lots of rubbing. As long as the wheels are kept straight you can get away with this for short distances. If you have to turn, the wheels are really into the corners of the fenders and you risk tearing them up.

CL1A4294.jpg

CL1A4290.jpg

CL1A4291.jpg

Yup, time for a lift. lots of rubbing. As long as the wheels are kept straight you can get away with this for short distances. If you have to turn, the wheels are really into the corners of the fenders and you risk tearing them up.

CL1A4294.jpg

CL1A4290.jpg

CL1A4291.jpg
    That looks great! What lift you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    That looks great! What lift you thinking?

Thanks, I'm thinking either the Dynatrac 2" or EVO 2.5 at the moment. I don't wan't to get too tall with this one. IDK. Have lots of time to kick this around.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast