Dynatrac lift vs evo vs rock krawler

Reaper

Im about to buy a lift for me jeep and from what ive been seeing Eddie has a Dynotrac endurosport lift on his. I was deciding between rock krawler 2.5" flex and fox shocks and EVO 2.5" enforcer with shock extensions but now this lift is in the running. How is your lift handling Eddie? Also how would you compare it to your evo lifts of the past? Also anyone else who has input it is greatly appreciated before I order haha

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Im about to buy a lift for me jeep and from what ive been seeing Eddie has a Dynotrac endurosport lift on his. I was deciding between rock krawler 2.5" flex and fox shocks and EVO 2.5" enforcer with shock extensions but now this lift is in the running. How is your lift handling Eddie? Also how would you compare it to your evo lifts of the past? Also anyone else who has input it is greatly appreciated before I order haha

First off, I should point out that the Dynatrac Enduro Sport coils yield 2" of lift. The EVO Enforcer yields 2.5" if not a bit more. Side by side, you can clearly see that the EVO lift is taller. The Rock Krawler lift is more like 3" of lift or at least, the one I saw looked to be as much. I'm pointing this out just in case it matters to you just how much lift you'll actually get. All the lifts mention handle well but they all ride a bit different. The Dynatrac coils are probably the softest or at least, in my opinion and that could be a good thing for you or a bad thing. Ride quality is after all, 100% subjective. The Rock Krawler was on the firm side and the EVO somewhere in between.

Andy5160

Hooked

If I am not mistaken Eddie is running Rancho 3.5 lift and 9000XL shocks and Evo control arms.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Reaper

Yeah it always seems the the rock krawlers always end up being a little over what they say they are. I am building to make a bucket list trip down the rubicon but also has to be a daily driver. So im thinking about 35's which they say can fit on a stock JL rubicon with no lift. Being a vetern of the Rubicon what would you recommend for me to make it down there?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've had the opportunity to test out a myriad of lifts and a number of them on my personal JL. At the moment, I am currently running the Rancho 3.5" lift but only for now.

Ruvicon

So are 35's on a JL Rubicon really feasible for moderate off-roading with no lift?

I have a JKUR and did the Rubicon and Fordyce last August on 35s, but told myself I’d never do it again as I scrapped the shit out of the bottom. I’m moving to larger tires just for more ground clearance and peace of mind.

Here’s the front lower control arms after the trip:
IMG_5938.JPG

And the rear lower control arms:
IMG_5939.JPG
IMG_5940.JPG

I’d move to 37s with an appropriate lift on the JL and add skid plates to front and rear lower control arm mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So are 35's on a JL Rubicon really feasible for moderate off-roading with no lift?

With no lift? Not without rubbing the shit out of your fenders at a full flex.

I hate when you do this. Lol

I’m waiting for the next better shiny thing you keep teasing or testing. Damnit.

LOL!! There only one way to gain experience. :crazyeyes:

I have a JKUR and did the Rubicon and Fordyce last August on 35s, but told myself I’d never do it again as I scrapped the shit out of the bottom. I’m moving to larger tires just for more ground clearance and peace of mind.

I’d move to 37s with an appropriate lift on the JL and add skid plates to front and rear lower control arm mounts.

Essentially, it "can" be done but not without a lot more effort.

BTW, did you ever get to run the whole thing? I know you guys didn't even make it to winch hill 1 before that guy got killed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
He did say that he wanted the coilovers that Mel is running when Eddie drove it the video he made when Mel was showing it

Definitely on the to do list but I really want more experience running other lifts first. Once I go coilovers, there's pretty much no turning back.

That's what I thought but haven't been able to get anyone to really confirm that. Thanks!

Around town, you'd be fine with 35's and no lift. On the trail, you'll have enough flex for this to be a problem. When the JL was revealed, Mike Manly himself said as much.

Dale72

Hooked
Definitely on the to do list but I really want more experience running other lifts first. Once I go coilovers, there's pretty much no turning back.

Around town, you'd be fine with 35's and no lift. On the trail, you'll have enough flex for this to be a problem. When the JL was revealed, Mike Manly himself said as much.
Yeah I heard that you wanted to test a lot of different lifts before you went with the coilovers

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked

Yup, time for a lift. lots of rubbing. As long as the wheels are kept straight you can get away with this for short distances. If you have to turn, the wheels are really into the corners of the fenders and you risk tearing them up.

CL1A4294.jpg

CL1A4290.jpg

CL1A4291.jpg

Top Bottom