Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: PSC kit with or without oil cooler

  1. #1
    Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
    Posts
    1,326

    PSC kit with or without oil cooler

    Getting ready to order up a PSC hydro assist kit and Iím trying to decide if I want/need the additional oil cooler that some of their kits include. Currently on 37ís, 40ís are in the distant future but Iíll likely stay in 37ís for at least another set or two. We play a lot in the rocks and obviously spend quite a bit of time in Moab.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Old Timer BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    4,895
    Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    Getting ready to order up a PSC hydro assist kit and Iím trying to decide if I want/need the additional oil cooler that some of their kits include. Currently on 37ís, 40ís are in the distant future but Iíll likely stay in 37ís for at least another set or two. We play a lot in the rocks and obviously spend quite a bit of time in Moab.

    Thoughts?
    A cooler is never a bad idea. Cheap insurance.

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  3. #3
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,844
    Any hydraulic system benefits from staying cool.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #4
    Been Around the Block 98XJ06LJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    346
    The cooler will extend the life of the system and the are no cons to adding it.
    Agree with fiend and baddestcross.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #5
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,087
    Mine whined like hell when I was in Moab in 110* July weather in July a couple years ago. I installed a Derale dual pass afterwards. I'd put it in while you;re at it.

  6. #6
    Addict Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    6,082
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    A cooler is never a bad idea. Cheap insurance.

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Any hydraulic system benefits from staying cool.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by 98XJ06LJ View Post
    The cooler will extend the life of the system and the are no cons to adding it.
    Agree with fiend and baddestcross.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I agree on adding a cooler...the only con is an additional location for leaks (not to mention additional cost)...but the benefits far outweigh the cons...

  7. #7
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I agree on adding a cooler...the only con is an additional location for leaks (not to mention additional cost)...but the benefits far outweigh the cons...
    The cooler is added on the low pressure side of the system, which reduces risk of failure in that part of the system. I agree the benefits outweigh the cons.

    The issues Iíve experienced with my system are ram lines rubbing on things and failure of one of the lines (not caused by rubbing, it turns out), leading to oil spewed all over the place.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #8
    Hooked PATRIOTKJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    195
    Get the cooler


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #9
    Been Around the Block jkbarnett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bishop Ca
    Posts
    433
    Anyone running the Big Bore steering box and pump without steering assist ? Want to run 37ís ??


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #10
    Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
    Posts
    1,326
    Thanks all. Iím going to just do it right and get the cooler with the whole kit rather than mess with it down the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tranny Cooler
    By GTJeeper in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-27-2018, 09:40 PM
  2. JP Cooler ice chest
    By dcmp001 in forum Wanted (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2018, 07:06 PM
  3. PSC Ram Assist cooler?
    By QuicksilverJK in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-22-2017, 04:28 AM
  4. Tranny cooler
    By Toyjunkey in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 04:57 PM
  5. Transmission cooler
    By 10frank9 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-27-2013, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS