Radio static with led lights..

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Does anyone else only have static on your radio when you have your auxiliary led lights turned on? Did not have his problem with my Other led lights. When the lights are off the static goes away. Any help to why that is? Bad ground? Bad connections? Bad switch?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
My led headlights never did this but when they crapped out and I switched to HID I now have this problem. I’ve gotta swap out the harness cuz of a bad relay and was hoping to resolve the static issue at the same time if I can figure out what it is.

Edit: some googling and seems putting adding ferrite choke can help. Gonna see if I have one laying around on an unused cable somewhere and see what happens.

Last edited:

pop2tu

My led headlights never did this but when they crapped out and I switched to HID I now have this problem. I’ve gotta swap out the harness cuz of a bad relay and was hoping to resolve the static issue at the same time if I can figure out what it is.

Edit: some googling and seems putting adding ferrite choke can help. Gonna see if I have one laying around on an unused cable somewhere and see what happens.

I tried the ferrite choke. Help maybe a little, adding more didn’t help anymore. My pods by the windshield are the only ones that do it. Thinking of just removing them

My windshield hinge pods, super cheap amazon, do this. I tried moving the ground etc nothing helped. Just too close to the antenna I think. No issues with lightbar headlights sidelights or back lights. When I rarely use those lights I just switch the radio to my phone.

PEACEMAKER1

I have never had this issue, but I run my LEDs through a switch source rather than a direct switch. But in my experience of electrical problems, it's always a ground issue...

Top Bottom