Tie rod questions

Angry Aussie

Is it normal for tie rods to wear out and become loose over time?

Loose enough to were I can move it up and down with my hands(I’m not a strong guy) or hear it clunk around when I pull in my driveway?

I’ve had my current set up for nearly 2 years and even after changing the cartridges it’s still loose and moves around. Is that normal for all brands of tie rods?

Thanks for any help with this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

I make a 7075 aluminum tie rod now with GM ends. The knuckle needs to be reamed a little to make sure its seats 100%. Running hydro assist I would also recommend the Synergy anti-flop dust boots. It helps.

I agree. When I ran my Synergy tie rod on my PR44. I had the anti flop boots and even with hydro and the multiple hits it took that thing never moved. Stayed very solid!

Angry Aussie

I make a 7075 aluminum tie rod now with GM ends. The knuckle needs to be reamed a little to make sure its seats 100%. Running hydro assist I would also recommend the Synergy anti-flop dust boots. It helps.

Good to know. Thanks y’all. I’ll rock this synergy one I just got for a bit then I’ll get one of yours Bubba.

When do y’all wanna do another wheeling day?

Waiting on rear shafts to come in, I bent both of them once those are in I’ll be good to go. Could still go without them just sick of the squeaking!

Exodus 4x4

Good to know. Thanks y’all. I’ll rock this synergy one I just got for a bit then I’ll get one of yours Bubba.

When do y’all wanna do another wheeling day?

Waiting on rear shafts to come in, I bent both of them once those are in I’ll be good to go. Could still go without them just sick of the squeaking!

I’m down whenever but it’ll still be a bit for I can take mine out. Maybe in about 6 weeks.

critter812

You saw mine at HF Bubba's tie Rods are the best deal around and well built! Got home and realized mine took a few hits.

jdofmemi

Well, I may need to look into this.

One of the tie rod ends is out on my tie rod.
The Steer smart was on there when I bought the Jeep, and it has taken some serious abuse, but now, with the ends pushing $200 each, it may be time for something else before throwing money at this one.

jdofmemi

Boxes finally showed up. Just waiting for some packing material to arrive next week, hopefully. Once that’s here I’ll be ready to ship some out.

I know there was a thread where you were talking about these, but I couldn't find it.

Can you refresh my memory, since I need to do something pretty soon, and I don't really want to drop $200 on ONE tie rod end, knowing if one is bad, the other is likely close behind it.

Top Bottom