Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

Bustedback

My throwout bearing is starting to make noise at 87,000 miles, I just ordered a Centerforce dual friction clutch kit with a high inertia billet flywheel. Does anybody have any experience with that clutch? Any noticeable difference between the feel of the stock clutch and the Centerforce kit?

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I ran one for about a month. Feel was good, a bit grabby compared to stock, but it had an annoying tick/rattle I think from the centrifugal weights that I couldn't stand. It also seamed like it didn't have full disengagement. Occasionally it would be difficult to get into gear from a stop and if I jacked the rear end up the tires would spin with the clutch depressed. I thought that it was air in the line, or a master or slave issue. After replacing everything and verifying bleed properly I finally ditched the clutch. Went with a LUK from summit and everything has been great since. I don't think this was a normal experience from this clutch, but since I had purchased long before I installed I had no warranty to claim on it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bustedback

I have heard about the weights rattling at low RPM, I hope they resolved that issue, I’ll just live with it if it does rattle. My wife is already pissed that I spent 700 bucks on a clutch. I priced out a factory Mopar clutch at $1300, she calmed down a little.

Jkjon

I ran one for about a month. Feel was good, a bit grabby compared to stock, but it had an annoying tick/rattle I think from the centrifugal weights that I couldn't stand. It also seamed like it didn't have full disengagement. Occasionally it would be difficult to get into gear from a stop and if I jacked the rear end up the tires would spin with the clutch depressed. I thought that it was air in the line, or a master or slave issue. After replacing everything and verifying bleed properly I finally ditched the clutch. Went with a LUK from summit and everything has been great since. I don't think this was a normal experience from this clutch, but since I had purchased long before I installed I had no warranty to claim on it.

I had almost the exact same experience. Had to switch from centerforce to Luk after a few months. Would rattle and didn’t ever seem to engage correctly. I would skip the dual friction clutch.

JDDK

Like Edwrds, i too had one on an 81 Toyota and it was great. maybe their QC is failing...

jdofmemi

I ran one on my 85 Toyota, and it grabbed good. Maybe too good sometimes.
It had good life, but was hard on the flywheel, as the frictions are harder than normal.
It was still in good shape when I swapped engines, but I went for a OEM clutch for the new engine.
To me it seems more like a racer item than for a four wheeler.

Bustedback

Well I finished up installing the new Centerforce clutch today, huge improvement over the stock clutch. No more lurch when taking off from a dead stop, the engine feels a little more peppy, and the idle is smoother. Not grabby, not noisy, and the pedal feel is good. Well worth the money and time spent.

Top Bottom