Stereo illumination wire.

GLH

I have a 2010 unlimited rubicon just had a stereo installed. When I turn on my headlights at night my stereo does not dim. Do our jk's not have an illumination wire that plugs into the head unit for this function.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
There definitely is an illumination circuit as stated above. Also some head units have illumination function in the settings. Check the radio as well.

GLH

Thanks for the 12volt.com reference!! It tells me that the radio illumination is on the can bus. So how can I get my deck to dim when I turn on my headlights?

beats

hey there is a Orange wire with gray stripe, behind heater/ac controls .. that will do the trick :thumb:

Wethy

Generally its an orange/greystripe in the stereo harness that needs to be connected. However some stereos have to be set up to dim when the headlights are turned on
JVC for instance has a menu setting for dimming the stereo at night.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

GLH

Generally its an orange/greystripe in the stereo harness that needs to be connected. However some stereos have to be set up to dim when the headlights are turned on
JVC for instance has a menu setting for dimming the stereo at night.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app
Well it's my understanding now that it's a signal from the computer that dimmed the factory head unit. The new head unit is a jvc. There is a way dim dim the head unit by the stereo but it also has an automatic function that works with the headlights. There has got to be a different avenue to take besides a signal from the computer

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I really don’t think there is. Either manually from the stereo or dim automatically when everything else dims [emoji848].

Top Bottom