K.i.s.s.

sourdough

My JLR is on order. While waiting and lurking I found a company that offers replacement aluminum inner fender liners and Rubi fender trimming methods for running 37's without a suspension lift. So now I'm wondering if the extra 2" rise and wheel flex from a lift is really that important. I would like to keep the lower COG and stock drive line angles and steering. Getting in & out routine would be easier without the 2" lift too. A couple inches under the pumpkin's from 37" tires and their better roll over ability will make a big improvement from stock 33's. I'm not saying suspension lifts are wrong, just wondering if I could get by without. I think I'll need shocks that can handle the added tire weight. Belly pan and armor seems needed with or without a lift. I really only want to do Jeep Jamboree's and some mid- level trail stuff in Moab and such places. No extreme rock crawling. Can I keep it simple (with no lift or am I just being) stupid.:thinking:

black pearl

Hooked
If you want to run the rubicon, I personally would go with the two inch lift. You could probably make it without but will be dragging belly a lot.
Shocks won’t do anything for tire weight. It’s part of your unsprung weight, being under your suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sourdough

Shocks won’t do anything for tire weight. It’s part of your unsprung weight, being under your suspension.
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I didn’t write that very well, my bad. I wasn’t referring to the shock as supporting the tires weight. I was thinking more along the lines of a shock controling a tires weight in terms of up and down movement, cupping and such while daily driving. Ever see a vehicle with a tire almost bouncing up and down as it drives down the road. Weak or blown out shocks. Anyway, shocks are a different topic. I should have left shocks out.
I have searched online and found almost nothing about 37”s on a JLR without a lift. I knew it was a slim chance anybody here is running 37” tires on the stock suspension and able to comment. Norm is lift it and hopefully the good of it out weighs the negatives.
If you haven’t heard of the Wrangler project Stitch... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wrangler+stitch Check it out, it’s follows the K.I.S.S concept. :icon_crazy:

WJCO

Meme King
I didn’t write that very well, my bad. I wasn’t referring to the shock as supporting the tires weight. I was thinking more along the lines of a shock controling a tires weight in terms of up and down movement, cupping and such while daily driving. Ever see a vehicle with a tire almost bouncing up and down as it drives down the road. Weak or blown out shocks. Anyway, shocks are a different topic. I should have left shocks out.
I have searched online and found almost nothing about 37”s on a JLR without a lift. I knew it was a slim chance anybody here is running 37” tires on the stock suspension and able to comment. Norm is lift it and hopefully the good of it out weighs the negatives.
If you haven’t heard of the Wrangler project Stitch... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wrangler+stitch Check it out, it’s follows the K.I.S.S concept. :icon_crazy:

If you're goal is 37s no matter what, why not get them, add some bump stop extensions to protect your fenders and then go from there? You can always add the lift later. I'm running a LCOG setup on my WJ with about an inch of up-travel and yes I wish I had stiffer shocks. On the road at moderate to higher speeds, it would be nice to have them when hitting bumps because my up-travel is so little. Now on rock trails, I love it and wouldn't change a thing. Obviously we're talking two different Jeeps but I see where you're coming from.

sourdough

If you're goal is 37s no matter what, why not get them, add some bump stop extensions to protect your fenders and then go from there? You can always add the lift later. I'm running a LCOG setup on my WJ with about an inch of up-travel and yes I wish I had stiffer shocks. On the road at moderate to higher speeds, it would be nice to have them when hitting bumps because my up-travel is so little. Now on rock trails, I love it and wouldn't change a thing. Obviously we're talking two different Jeeps but I see where you're coming from.

Thanks for replying. To bad you had to limit the up travel on your WJ. Check this video out.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MsKf1lIYI0 Fast forward to 35:00 Ben talks about the ORI strut and then bump stops. The ORI (air shock) even has a bump stop built in.
I did get this email the other day about 37’s. First he says 37’s clear and then, well here’s his reply...
Hi,
You will have room for 37’s with our chop kit up front we ran that setup on ours for a few months before our lift came in we did run our front and rear inner fenders and front bumper so it cleared you may also need to address bumpstops on the front
Tom Kellough – Inside Sales
Artec Industries | Phone855-278-3299 Ext. 804 | Fax855-724-1222
I didn’t like the "you may also need to address bumpstops on the front”, Salesman for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom