Colorado - Summer 2018

Avis

Spent 3.5 weeks on the road last Summer, went to Moab, then to Colorado, then over to run the Rubicon Trail before returning home.. here's some shots of the trip!

My little sister getting a little tippy on Steel Bender in Moab
Untitled by Daniel Avis, on Flickr

My Jeep at sunset in Moab...

Sister killin it in her LJ

Been to CO many times, but this trip was the first time Black Bear Pass was open for me to run. LOVED it. :D

Hands down, best and most remote campsite I've ever been to in any state. I was sad I only allocated 2 nights in this area.

Have I mentioned I love CO?

Sister did awesome on Black Bear.. I don't think she'll run it with me again lol but she did good

Somewhere in Colorado... this trip was my maiden voyage for my trailer I built.

Rubicon was a first for me. Horrible overrated trail, but it was fun I guess.

And here's the end of trail.. didn't have much time to take pictures in between lol

Ddays

Hooked
Great pics! I know you said you were there in the Summer, but when specifically? Looks like the perfect time of year with the wildflowers in bloom.

Brute

Hooked

You didn't have fun on the Rubicon?...

Avis

Great pics! I know you said you were there in the Summer, but when specifically? Looks like the perfect time of year with the wildflowers in bloom.

I was there first two weeks of July.. best time for snow melt and wild flowers is late July / early August.

Avis

You didn't have fun on the Rubicon?...

Eh. If I was invited, I'd run it again... It's just okay. I guess maybe my expectations were too high due to all the hype it gets, and the fact I had just come from Colorado? For me, personally, I'd take Colorado or Moab over Rubicon any day of the year.

Brute

Hooked
Eh. If I was invited, I'd run it again... It's just okay. I guess maybe my expectations were too high due to all the hype it gets, and the fact I had just come from Colorado? For me, personally, I'd take Colorado or Moab over Rubicon any day of the year.

What trails in CO do you like best...that one campsite you posted looked great, especially since it's near a trout stream...

While the Rubicon does get a lot of hype, I still consider it one of the iconic off road trails in the country...and still enjoy running it.

If you only want serious obstacle's and challenging trails, it's hard to beat Moab

Avis

What trails in CO do you like best...that one campsite you posted looked great, especially since it's near a trout stream...

While the Rubicon does get a lot of hype, I still consider it one of the iconic off road trails in the country...and still enjoy running it.

If you only want serious obstacle's and challenging trails, it's hard to beat Moab

Right now, my favorite is Black Bear.. but there are some harder trails near Montrose I hope to get back to try with a different group soon. The group I was with wasn't the type of rigs you run harder rock trails with.

Rubicon is iconic, absolutely.. that's why it gets all the hype. And the history of the trial and area is awesome. Just didn't "Wow" me in anyway.

Moab.. well.. it's just amazing. Has a special place in my heart. There's something for everyone there, rather it be a fully built buggy, or a brand new 4x4 off the show room lot.

M0J0

Your pics are making me want the snow to melt. I still have a lot of skiing to do :( 2019 is going to be a fun one!

dillard09

Right now, my favorite is Black Bear.. but there are some harder trails near Montrose I hope to get back to try with a different group soon. The group I was with wasn't the type of rigs you run harder rock trails with.

Rubicon is iconic, absolutely.. that's why it gets all the hype. And the history of the trial and area is awesome. Just didn't "Wow" me in anyway.

Moab.. well.. it's just amazing. Has a special place in my heart. There's something for everyone there, rather it be a fully built buggy, or a brand new 4x4 off the show room lot.

Beautiful pics! Love me some Colorado as well.
I have been wanting to hit some of those trail outside Montrose too. My family and I try and go to Colorado every year around July/ August. The wife has some family in Gunnison.
Have you hit any trails on the Salida/Buena Vista area yet?

Avis

Beautiful pics! Love me some Colorado as well.
I have been wanting to hit some of those trail outside Montrose too. My family and I try and go to Colorado every year around July/ August. The wife has some family in Gunnison.
Have you hit any trails on the Salida/Buena Vista area yet?

I haven't yet.. Only been once since I bought the JK, and that was last summer. Before I was always in a truck or grand cherokee. But now that my JK is setup nicer, I hope to get back there in the next year or two and hit some harder stuff.

Top Bottom