JLU towing

MagicRat

Who tows with their JLU? Going to trade in my JK soon but will need to tow a uhaul for a move out of state. nothing major just never towed with any of my jeeps before. any major issues i should look out for?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Who tows with their JLU? Going to trade in my JK soon but will need to tow a uhaul for a move out of state. nothing major just never towed with any of my jeeps before. any major issues i should look out for?

Go down to uhaul and let them know the model of your Jeep and the weight rating on your hitch and they will match you up with what you can tow i have rented many times from them and i pull a 3500lb rpod.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I hauled this uhaul across the country with no issue and I’m pretty sure I packed it over its weight limit. What gearing do you have? I was still with 3.73 and that was my only complaint Image1550423453.100575.jpg

I have towed the same U-Haul trailer too. I also tow my Jayco Hummingbird. I have not had a single problem towing either one. I have an automatic and when I tow I shift manually and I do not go into overdrive. My gears are 4:10’s.

Shantz

I towed a 5x8, half loaded. Went up a steep grade like it wasn't even there. Definitely better than my JK.

On The Trail Comment... sent via Morse Code

LT381FL

Can you post an update of your towing ? I plan on towing a uhaul from Fl to Co, and interested on any issues you may have experienced.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Jsouder53

Hooked
Can you post an update of your towing ? I plan on towing a uhaul from Fl to Co, and interested on any issues you may have experienced.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

I have a JKU(I know it’s not a JL) but you should be fine towing a uhaul to CO. A year and a half ago I hauled a heavily loaded uhaul from Sarasota, FL to Montana on stock 3.73s on my JKU with 35s. It struggled up some steep grades but did great! Kept the speed around 60mph the whole way just to keep my Jeep happy lol

Top Bottom