My boss isn’t man enough to tell me I’m laid off

Jsouder53

Hooked
Last Wednesday I went to work as normal and my project managers showed up as well. We all went out for donuts since there wasn’t a whole lot to do at the job then went home. The next day, the project manager called me more as a friend saying there isn’t much to do over the next month and I should be getting a call from my boss at some point. So I was waiting and waiting and didn’t hear a thing, I ended up having to call him the following day and ask him what the hell is going on! I told him I’m following up on leads and not waiting on him since he didn’t have a for sure answer when I’d be going back to work...

My wife works at a private Christian school where there were some good connections, I got a bunch of leads from the maintenance guy there. I got one answer from about 5 of them(left a brief voicemail with the other 4) which that 1 said he would call me back later that day and never did... it would be nice to get a straight answer right about now from somebody!

I finally found something on Craigslist from the local lumber yard for delivering drywall to job sites! Low hourly wage, but amazing commission plus benefits! Overall better financially! Sounds like I have the job [emoji106]

Jsouder53

Hooked
That sucks, but congrats on getting back on the horse so quickly. [emoji482]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Sucks about your old job but good luck with the next.

Sorry to hear about the layoff, sounds like you've got a solid plan though, good luck!!

Thank you!!! I’m pretty excited about it!!! The incentive will be nice. It’s a $1.50 per sheet that we deliver split between the crew of 4 and they said they deliver up to 7,000 sheets every 2 weeks when they are the busiest.

jdofmemi

Onward and upward.

Great you are hustling instead of sitting and crying about it like some would. 👍

Good luck with the new job

M0J0

I once had to layoff about 35 people. It was not fun to tell everyone. I got laid off from that same job five months later. Thanks hurricane Harvey!

Jsouder53

Hooked
Onward and upward.

Great you are hustling instead of sitting and crying about it like some would. [emoji106]

Good luck with the new job

Congrats on the new gig!

Thank you!

I once had to layoff about 35 people. It was not fun to tell everyone. I got laid off from that same job five months later. Thanks hurricane Harvey!

I’ll bet that does have to be tough especially with that many! The company I was with only had 5 employees... my main boss, the home designer, 2 working project managers, then me the carpenter. He only laid me and the newer project manager off... I’ll bet any spare work would go to the project manager

glen5264

Reading ur headline. Well he is not a real boss then. If he can’t deal with the situation nor dealing with his staff. Most likely he may be let go soon himself. You may want to let he know that they are hiring at your new job. It’s always good to have a lackey.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

If I could make a suggestion, there’s nothing like being your own boss, if you like this new job save every penny you can and then start your own business as soon as possible [emoji106]

longarmwj

That was me about a month ago! Glad you found something so quick. Trust me, me getting laid off was a blessing in disguise because my new position is worlds better

Jsouder53

Hooked
Sorry to hear that but glad it ended up working out :thumb:

Sucks, but I’m glad it worked out in the end. Good luck!

Thank you! I start Wednesday [emoji106]

Reading ur headline. Well he is not a real boss then. If he can’t deal with the situation nor dealing with his staff. Most likely he may be let go soon himself. You may want to let he know that they are hiring at your new job. It’s always good to have a lackey.

I’ll definitely let him know...

If I could make a suggestion, there’s nothing like being your own boss, if you like this new job save every penny you can and then start your own business as soon as possible [emoji106]

It’s definitely a thought that has crossed my mind before and I’ll definitely save to start it. Thank you for that.

Well that sucks. Glad to hear you were able to find work again and so quickly.

Thank you, I’m definitely glad I stumbled across the ad! I’ll be starting Wednesday [emoji106]

Jsouder53

Hooked
That was me about a month ago! Glad you found something so quick. Trust me, me getting laid off was a blessing in disguise because my new position is worlds better

I’m glad to hear that your new job is better! It definitely seems to be a blessing already for me [emoji106] I wouldn’t have looked to change jobs without getting laid off either

Top Bottom