2011 TIPM Problems

My little sister took her 2011 JKU into the dealership because her dash lights weren’t working nor her windshield wipers. They came back and told us it would be like $1900 to fix the TIPM and windshield wiper motors. Is this normal and has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds like you have electrical issues, but i wouldn't take it to the dealer when you could get a TIPM for less then $400 and it's a mopar, the winsheild motor is probaly not bad but if it is you can get a brand new one for $86-$100 bucks. That dealer is screwing you even with labor built into the cost.

WillysJkJeeper

This same thing happened to my friend 2011 jeep took us ahwile to find the problem but we did take the center piece of trim on top of the dash off there will be a small black module attacheted to it its for the compass module try unplugging it after we did that the wipers and lights all started working fine that module went bad he didnt care about so he just left it unpluged. Its tied into the same circuit as the lights and wipers for some reason.
To get the panel off lift towards the side that closer to the windshield theres 2 metal clips holding it then once u get to unclip pull it towards u and it will lift up and see the module im talking about. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom