A Couple Good Dealership Stories

darkscion0

When I first got my Jeep I started hitting the online forums to research upgrades. Time and time again I would come across threads just jammed with Jeep owners who have all had the same experience, the dealership was using the fact that the vehicle was modded to deny reasonable warranty requests or at least give owners a hard time about it. Being my first Jeep and dropping North of 35k for it (they expensive up here in Canada), the though of being denied warranty on a new vehicle scared the hell out of me. To the point where I put off any upgrades for over a year. After having hooked up with the Jeep community here, the stories they were telling me started to ease my fears, to the point where recently my friend and I installed a 2.5" budget boost.

Well it seems that we have an EXTREMELY mod friendly dealer here.

One guy has a 2010 2dr with a 4 inch lift on it. I'm sure everyone is aware of the issues with the stock front drive shaft that stem directly from having a 2dr with a 4" lift. I just found out that they're replacing his front drive shaft under warranty and he's currently waiting for them to get it in.

Another guy in the community knocked his tire against something solid while turning which ended up imploding his steering stabilizer, power steering gearbox and trackbar. He ended up getting the power steering repaired and stabilizer replaced under warranty. (He didn't push his luck on the trackbar). His Jeep is a 2012 Rubicon with a 2.5" lift and 35x13.5 Pitbull Mad Dogs. The dealership had ample opportunity to deny the repair of these parts not only due to the larger/heavier tires but also the nature of the incident.

I have also had similar dealings with them. You may have noticed my thread here regarding wheel speed sensor issues that probably resulted from the rough install of my lift. I needed to have my second front axle u-joint replaced and decided to have them look at the wheel speed sensor issue as well because I wasn't making any headway on it. I expected them to do the u-join under warranty but they also covered the wheel speed sensor. This surprised me because they said they had to drop the tank to get to the broken wire, which probably resulted from the rear axle practically hanging by the wheel speed sensor wires (my own stupidity).

So anyone having issues with dealerships and warranty, you're all welcome to move here :)

Top Bottom