Another NEW guy

Twist

Hello all.

Been interested in jeeps since my dad told me about his old army jeep he drove to school in the 50s. It has some kind of kerosene smoke screen thing you lite up and yeah, smoke everywhere. He did it in high school a number of times for kicks. Hey there was no iphones at the time to keep him busy. lol He also told me he lost all his oil, guess he hit his oil pan. He drove it home no oil and it was so hot it wouldnt shut down. He drove it front of a tree, left it in gear and got out and it still kept going trenching out the dirt and finally it did die. Filled it up with oil and drove it to school.

I started up with an 83 CJ, then an 88 cherokee, my dads 82 CJ, then a 97 TJ and now my 18 JL. Been jeeping a bunch all that time but it took a back seat when I started a family and got into dirt biking.

Still dirt biking, my son is off to college so starting to set up my JL, only 35s so far. KIlls me to spend the money again, my TJ was set up pretty well, but this JL is pretty amazing but wont do what my TJ would on the trail.........yet!

I hope to retire in a year or two and do more wheeling. Not the crazy stuff, just have it set up to do most anything that happens along the way. My intents are more camping trips, quail hunting, and in general just exploring. I have a jeep trailer made from two ass ends of YJ's, has a tail gate on each end and a 23 gallon gas tank. Should get me to some places. Hope to figure out how to put my bike on it too.

Anyway that's me kinda. lol

Top Bottom