Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel so superior without even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I take it you didnt look at the video?? Or the price of the rocker. It's actually quite a bit more then the signature series rocker.

I'm not all that worried about price. The alum skid from Artec is 2k and I'm likely going that route.
    All I'm saying is that when looking at rock sliders, weight shouldn't be a criteria IMO. You want these things to be Stout and quality regardless if they're heavy.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    I think you either want to protect the Jeep when dropping the weight of it on/against a rock..... or you don’t. You can also avoid protection by picking perfect lines.. every time.
    The signature series rocker or similar appears to be way overkill for me. The lighter model they offer appears more than adequate to drop the weight of the vehicle on a rock judging from the video and WAY better then the stocker which can take a good hit.

IF someone has any experience with them to say otherwise that would be great.

Sure they will protect from a-holes. lol Door hits the rocker not the body. Unless of course it's somebody who is lifted high enough.

Stock JL skids are pretty crappy. And like I said I will be coming up on some hard core stuff no doubt, I'm just not seeking it out. I'm talking the crazy stuff. Golden Spike, Rubicon and many other trails will be done just not hard core stuff.
    Clearly you haven’t wheeled your jeep at all if you think the factory skids are crappy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

#typicaljlowner

2012 Dozer JK
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -KMC Machetes
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    All I'm saying is that when looking at rock sliders, weight shouldn't be a criteria IMO. You want these things to be Stout and quality regardless if they're heavy.
    DId you see the video? Do you have experience with that rocker? I get what your saying but I'm thinking there are rocker guards out there that will blow away the Signature series rocker too, and likely much heavier. At what point is enough enough?

Weight is a killer for performance on and off road. If wheeling hard core trails where even the most protected vehicles get damaged, yeah you go with the best protection you can get despite the weight since the bennys outweigh the disadvantage of weight. But this isnt what I'm going to be doing.

The Artec alum skid plate is a full belly plate. It's net weight is 10lbs. Their claim is it is stouter then metal. I dont believe it but it for sure it protects better then the stock stuff AND I get 3/4 inch more clearance.

I have seen other full belly'd skids for close to 300 pounds. For what I'm doing there is an easy choice.

DId you see the video? Do you have experience with that rocker? I get what your saying but I'm thinking there are rocker guards out there that will blow away the Signature series rocker too, and likely much heavier. At what point is enough enough?

Weight is a killer for performance on and off road. If wheeling hard core trails where even the most protected vehicles get damaged, yeah you go with the best protection you can get despite the weight since the bennys outweigh the disadvantage of weight. But this isnt what I'm going to be doing.

The Artec alum skid plate is a full belly plate. It's net weight is 10lbs. Their claim is it is stouter then metal. I dont believe it but it for sure it protects better then the stock stuff AND I get 3/4 inch more clearance.

I have seen other full belly'd skids for close to 300 pounds. For what I'm doing there is an easy choice.
    You are not smart.

2012 Dozer JK
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -KMC Machetes
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Clearly you haven’t wheeled your jeep at all if you think the factory skids are crappy.

LOL, No I havent done much at all with it since I know it wont do what I want yet.
    Have you seen the JL skids? Have you looked at any that have been wheeled? It's a pretty stupid design. Why would I wheel it thru nasty stuff with such a design, that would be silly.... Maybe my trail riding is harder then what others might be doing??

LOL, No I havent done much at all with it since I know it wont do what I want yet.
    Have you seen the JL skids? Have you looked at any that have been wheeled? It's a pretty stupid design. Why would I wheel it thru nasty stuff with such a design, that would be silly.... Maybe my trail riding is harder then what others might be doing??
    Or maybe it isn’t. Yeah I’ve seen and been with JL’s that have and do wheel hard. Clearly you haven’t.

2012 Dozer JK
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -KMC Machetes
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Or maybe it isn’t. Yeah I’ve seen and been with JL’s that have and do wheel hard. Clearly you haven’t.

Is there a real purpose for you posts. Do you derive jollys from it? Are you the same person in person? You say you are a smart ass but thus far I havent read anything smart at all. I think we could all benefit if you just buzzed away. If you'd like to change and to post something constructive all would be forgotten. I am hopeful.

Is there a real purpose for you posts. Do you derive jollys from it? Are you the same person in person? You say you are a smart ass but thus far I havent read anything smart at all. I think we could all benefit if you just buzzed away. If you'd like to change and to post something constructive all would be forgotten. I am hopeful.
    I never said I was a smart as. You said that.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

2012 Dozer JK
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80