Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel so superior without even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    I never said I was a smart as. You said that.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I was referring to what was beneath your handle. Regardless, if your going to post up unhelpful comments at least make them funny and worthy of a chuckle, otherwise what good are you. There has GOT to be something better you can offer.

For example what is a typical JL owner? lol Here's your chance, at least make it funny or again just buzz away.

If you want to graduate from YOU, how about experience with the rocker guard in the video? The Artec skid plate.

No direct experience with the ones mentioned but I watched the video since you seemed pretty adamant about that. They say extensively tested and then slowly lift the Jeep with the forklifts. That’s a far cry from the force of coming down hard on a rock. I’d be concerned about them flexing into the body and causing damage which is why i prefer a direct frame mount, weld on solution.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two RockinAZJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I take it you didnt look at the video?? Or the price of the rocker. It's actually quite a bit more then the signature series rocker.

I'm not all that worried about price. The alum skid from Artec is 2k and I'm likely going that route.
    I’m sure they’ll do alright for what you’re wanting, but I have to say the biggest thing the video did was pick the jeep up from the slider, which IMO should be a requirement of anything marketed as a slider. Picking it up gently is completely different than coming down on on it with momentum and force.

I think you’ll be better off to go ahead with their signature series or the Evo low angle.
    I can attest to the Signature, my dad took a diagonal hit from a semi and the signature series saved his life

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is there a real purpose for you posts. Do you derive jollys from it? Are you the same person in person? You say you are a smart ass but thus far I havent read anything smart at all. I think we could all benefit if you just buzzed away. If you'd like to change and to post something constructive all would be forgotten. I am hopeful.
    You are hopeful?...hehe... clearly you don't know him...

Nothing but a Thing AZ Explorer's Avatar
    Better not pack spare parts or tools or food or passengers. The trade off in performance would be catastrophic. Maybe a spool of thread rather than a winch...

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    DId you see the video? Do you have experience with that rocker? I get what your saying but I'm thinking there are rocker guards out there that will blow away the Signature series rocker too, and likely much heavier. At what point is enough enough?

Weight is a killer for performance on and off road. If wheeling hard core trails where even the most protected vehicles get damaged, yeah you go with the best protection you can get despite the weight since the bennys outweigh the disadvantage of weight. But this isnt what I'm going to be doing.

The Artec alum skid plate is a full belly plate. It's net weight is 10lbs. Their claim is it is stouter then metal. I dont believe it but it for sure it protects better then the stock stuff AND I get 3/4 inch more clearance.

I have seen other full belly'd skids for close to 300 pounds. For what I'm doing there is an easy choice.
    Better hope you never have a leak. You'll never know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing AZ Explorer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Better hope you never have a leak. You'll never know.

This brings up a good point. If he completely drained all the fluids from his Jeep completely, gas, coolant and all oils from the engine, transfer case and diffs, that would lighten things up significantly. I can’t even begin to calculate the performance gains there. I wonder if he’s considered paper mache rather than the overly bulky stock metal body? Just brainstorming here.
    Last edited by AZ Explorer; 02-17-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Explorer View Post
    This brings up a good point. If he completely drained all the fluids from his Jeep completely, gas, coolant and all oils from the engine, transfer case and diffs, that would lighten things up significantly. I can’t even begin to calculate the performance gains there. I wonder he’s considered paper mache rather than the overly bulky stock metal body? Just brainstorming here.
    Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Explorer View Post
    This brings up a good point. If he completely drained all the fluids from his Jeep completely, gas, coolant and all oils from the engine, transfer case and diffs, that would lighten things up significantly. I can’t even begin to calculate the performance gains there. I wonder if he’s considered paper mache rather than the overly bulky stock metal body? Just brainstorming here.
    Yep. May be a good time to discuss a crankshaft removal kit as well. Those fuckers are heavy.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Yep. May be a good time to discuss a crankshaft removal kit as well. Those fuckers are heavy.
    Axles are probably the heaviest parts on the Jeep. Dump those and go with some takeoffs from a Powerwheels Jeep and call it a day. 😂

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast