Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: WJ

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    We bought ours from the 2nd owner and window sticker was still in the glove box. 38k brand new! And we bought it for 3600 bucks. Hard to believe.
    The Overland isn't the only model with the 44 rear. And the 30 in the front is a low-pinion axle, not exactly the same as the JK 30. I believe any WJ with a V8 has the 44 in the rear.
    You could do 33s on a 4 inch lift but you'll probably have to trim a little more and make sure the bump stops are set correctly so your tires don't eat the fenders.
    Yeah it's crazy I think the WJ's are really an underrated 4x4. I can't wait to find one I missed out on on a few deals. I'll probably have to take a drive to Portland as well. The wifey would rather me sell this thing first before I buy something so I guess I'll do that. She's scared I'll keep two Jeeps. The thought has crossed my mind though. I'm probably going to try to find some more Rubicon take offs preferably the Willys black ones and run those for now.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    Yeah it's crazy I think the WJ's are really an underrated 4x4. I can't wait to find one I missed out on on a few deals. I'll probably have to take a drive to Portland as well. The wifey would rather me sell this thing first before I buy something so I guess I'll do that. She's scared I'll keep two Jeeps. The thought has crossed my mind though. I'm probably going to try to find some more Rubicon take offs preferably the Willys black ones and run those for now.
    Arrcherr has some but shipping would probably suck

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

All V8 WJ’s have a “Dana 44” in the rear. It has a aluminum center section and shares nothing with older D44. The 4.0 inline 6 WJ’s have a Dana 35 in the rear. All of them have a D30 in the front.

The WJ can be had for a really decent price, and I think they are a good platform to start a build from. I picked mine up for about 2K.

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Arrcherr has some but shipping would probably suck

Hmmmmm I might have to ask him. When I tried Fastenal to ship something that was a pain in the ass. I might try U-Ship.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

Quote Originally Posted by trplxj View Post
    All V8 WJ’s have a “Dana 44” in the rear. It has a aluminum center section and shares nothing with older D44. The 4.0 inline 6 WJ’s have a Dana 35 in the rear. All of them have a D30 in the front.

The WJ can be had for a really decent price, and I think they are a good platform to start a build from. I picked mine up for about 2K.

Damn! What a sweet deal. I have found some with two owners and well maintained. I also like the fact with a V8 you have a higher towing capacity. I really dig both you and WJCO's rigs! Anyone have the 242HD? Any pros and cons?

I have a 242hd in mine, I put it in when I did the doubler. I had some problems at first with it popping out of 4hi. But I knew that this was going to be a problem when I bought it. The guy I got it from swapped it out of his WJ for that reason. I got it for dirt cheap so I figured it was worth it if I needed to replace a few parts. I ended up replacing the differential, and slid collar, and chain. I also put a SYE in it.

Honestly, if was to do it again I would do a 231. There’s a lot more of them out there for parts if you need them, and way more aftermarket parts. But, if the WJ you are looking at has a 242hd I would worry about it. I think it’s a good t case.

I have a 242hd in mine, I put it in when I did the doubler. I had some problems at first with it popping out of 4hi. But I knew that this was going to be a problem when I bought it. The guy I got it from swapped it out of his WJ for that reason. I got it for dirt cheap so I figured it was worth it if I needed to replace a few parts. I ended up replacing the differential, and slid collar, and chain. I also put a SYE in it.

Honestly, if was to do it again I would do a 231. There’s a lot more of them out there for parts if you need them, and way more aftermarket parts. But, if the WJ you are looking at has a 242hd I would worry about it. I think it’s a good t case.

I have also noticed they come with so many different options.

I have also noticed they come with so many different options.
    They do. I think the 242hd is probably the best one they came with. It gives you the option to have 2hi.

Regardless of which t case you end up with they are easy to swap out for a different one.

They do. I think the 242hd is probably the best one they came with. It gives you the option to have 2hi.

Regardless of which t case you end up with they are easy to swap out for a different one.

Thanks again! I will probably have tons more questions for you guys!

Thanks again! I will probably have tons more questions for you guys!
    Don’t forget that atlas has a WJ Kit now

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast