Ring and Pinion installation write-up?

Majik

Hello everyone! Kinda a newb to this forum, but not to wheelin. :) My kids and I have been building up our jeep, and loving every minute. My question to the crowd is:
I am about to do a whole bunch of upgrades at once, but I didn't notice a detailed DIY, in your driveway, ring and pinion installation write-up anywhere. (and please don't flame me if the 30 different search combinations I tried missed one :) ) Before I go hog-wild with the camera, I just figured I'd first check to see if anyone would even like such a write-up? I've done a few sets before, some on vehicles with MUCH less ground clearance, and have had hundreds of thousands of trouble-free miles since. Just curious if there is an interest.

Incase anyone wants a different write-up, at the same time I will be installing:
EVO front axle sleeves
EVO axle C2 gussets
Reid racing high steer knuckles
Synergy or Dynatrac ball joints
Superior Evolution rear axles
RCV front axles
Spyntec manual hub conversion
Poison Spyder HD transmission crossmember
RockHard full skid system

I know there are already write-ups around for several of these, though.

Just figured I'd check before my kids and I got dirty :)

heybob

I've only seen a good detailed write up for R&P once on another forum. Usually these forums say "get a pro" for R&P but I'd live to see your write up. I know it's not a simple install but it's far from dropping a tranny.

Please from one driveway guy to another post that write up!!!

JK12

I'd love to see it. I plan on doing it soon and have yet to see a good write up:thumbup:

mtnbiker995

I wouldn't mind! I'm wanting to change my gears but I'm on the edge of doing it myself vs paying $1000 in labor at a shop...

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Majik

Alright then!! I will keep you posted. BTW, I'm not stepping on Eddie or anyone else's toes by offering to do this, am I?

Ben-0

I wouldn't mind! I'm wanting to change my gears but I'm on the edge of doing it myself vs paying $1000 in labor at a shop...

Thanks in advance!

$1000 in labor just to change out your gears?? That's a joke right?

Ben-0

Wow...apparently I'm going into the wrong profession, but one of the benefits of living on a farm, shop, tools and people with more experience to help me out when I mess it up haha :)

mtnbiker995

I was talking $1000 just in labor...that's what shops around here are!

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Alright then!! I will keep you posted. BTW, I'm not stepping on Eddie or anyone else's toes by offering to do this, am I?

I highly doubt Eddie would burn you. I can almost guarantee he would welome it. Eddie is very cool and extremely down to earth from all the mild discussions Ive had with him. Besides, if he gets upset just bribe him with some honey..lol

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Majik

I highly doubt Eddie would burn you. I can almost guarantee he would welome it. Eddie is very cool and extremely down to earth from all the mild discussions Ive had with him. Besides, if he gets upset just bribe him with some honey..lol

Paratroopers stay up longer!

I didn't think so, but as a new guy here I didn't want to make anyone think I was trying to contribute things usually done by more senior guys :)

I will be doing the hub conversion, axle sleeves, new axle shafts, C gussets, ball joints, and ring and pinion all at the same time so I'm sure there may be a few opportunities for side-writeups as I go!

Thanks for the support and interest!!

ilikeguns

I'd definitely be interested in seeing a writeup if for no other reason to convince myself it's out of my skill set.

MikeD

Absolutely would like to see this! This is a common conversation among our group, we do everything ourselves except r&p and have had a few bad experiences with local shops that have done it for us. Planning to grab a junk diff (we def have these...) to practice with.

Top Bottom