Jeep EVIC

Abntroop

So, dumb question, I see folks purchasing Superchips units to change tire size, adjust TPMS settings, running lights, etc.
On this 16’ Rubi I bought in the EVIC it has settings to adjust tire size, TPMS, running light options, etc.
what am I missing? If you change your tire size in EVIC what does it change? Is the Superchips flashcal even necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Tire size changes to match a presumably bigger tire helps auto transmissions determine the shift points.

I had no idea the 16’s had that option! My ‘13 is jealous!!!

Abntroop

The Toyo MT’s seem to run a true 33”, I set that tire size in the EVIC and the speedo seems to have closely corrected and shifting seems fine. Averaging 14.5-15.5 mpg. Just one of those moments it seemed so obvious I felt I was missing something. Googled and came back blank so figured I’d check with others to cross reference and see if it’s true and if they have the same, thus negating the need for a flashcal.

Abntroop

Man, the more I go down this rabbit hole the more I realize not all years / models have the EVIC, or have different versions of it. Still curious as to what exactly changes when you input your tire size. [emoji848]

BaddestCross

Man, the more I go down this rabbit hole the more I realize not all years / models have the EVIC, or have different versions of it. Still curious as to what exactly changes when you input your tire size. [emoji848]

The speedometer, odometer, and - if you have an auto - the shift points.

To properly set the tire size, measure from the center of the hub to the floor and multiply by 2.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom