Bestop soft doors

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Any particular reason?

I had them on my two door. Ran them all of twice before they sat in my basement for the next 4 years then sold them. I could never get them to fit right and when I did they always pulled away and let more rain in the jeep when driving then if I had no doors. Save your money for a more true half door like the rugged ridge doors

ThatJeepGuy

I had them on my two door. Ran them all of twice before they sat in my basement for the next 4 years then sold them. I could never get them to fit right and when I did they always pulled away and let more rain in the jeep when driving then if I had no doors. Save your money for a more true half door like the rugged ridge doors

Was it the hinges and latches that were the issue or the door seals themselves?

sph801

They leak a bit but I love mine. I attached Velcro at the top to prevent them from pulling away at high speeds. There are definitely compromises but being able to remove the doors and take them with me is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have the Bestop soft uppers with the Element lowers. The lowers are tube doors with the metal plates/skins added. The uppers pull away a bit at freeway speeds and don’t seal out the rain and air flow as well as OEM full doors. They wouldn’t be acceptable, to me, for everyday use. But for trail use they are handy. I had this set up for a weeklong trip to Moab last Spring. It was nice to have options depending on the weather. Having the uppers was great for the one or two rainy days, and also for the 15 hour drive there and back.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Theyre not 'doors' as much as temporary element blockers. Beats running doorless down the highway in the fall when it gets cold at night but you took your full doors off and left them at home because it was a beautiful day out. Or when it "might" rain but probably not they lay flat in the back really nice.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
^^^ what he said. I own a set and I am pretty happy with them for what they are, although they are sloppy as hell lol. Use some pipe insulation over the cross pieces on the lowers to stop them from flopping in the wind. Bend the uppers in until the won’t pull away at highway speeds, this makes it a bit pita for closing them because you’ll have to use two hands to close, but you can get them to seal pretty well and not pull open at highway speed.

Top Bottom