EVAP code question

Avis

Before anyone looses their mind, yes I've searched.. every forum I could find, for months. I've replaced parts even but here's what I've found to be weird.

So, JKs are known for their "Small evap leak" code and while I have not replaced everything I have replaced the most obvious parts I've read to go bad. My Jeep has only 25k on it and is less than 2 years old.. Now, before you ask why I don't take it to the dealer.... well, because quite honestly if I can't figure it out I have little faith they can and I dont' want to deal with the back and forth hassle.

What I've found to be strange tho is that if I don't ever let my tank get below 1/2 the light will never come on regardless of how many miles I drive it. If it goes below 1/2, it'll come on. On any of the forums I've read, no one has specified this situation so I figured I'd throw it out there and see if ya got any ideas.

Avis

Have you smoke checked it?

Haven't yet, on the list of things to do. I wanted to buy a smoke machine for this purpose and other side jobs, just haven't yet. Wouldn't have even bothered posting other than it just seemed weird that the level of fuel in the tank mattered.

Avis

At least at the dealer I'd think it would be covered under warranty and cost you nothing vs. buying parts.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The parts I've replaced that are "common" to go bad have been cheap and easy to replace. My time is valuable, so if $50 in parts might fix it rather than me taking it to the dealer... I'm all for it. Taking a vehicle to the dealer for me is like running something through emissions, just flat out hate it.

Top Bottom