Dynatrac ProGrip II Update

flaxbourton

Anyone heard any more about the ProGrip II release date. The most recent post that mentions them from the Dynatrac rep seems to be mid summer of last year. Theres nothing more frustrating than doing an upgrade, only to have the latest and greatest released a week later. Also, the 8 month ago update sounded like they were closing in on a release and yet still nothing.
Thanks!

DK570

I've been wondering the same thing. They first showed it at SEMA in like 2015. I saw a bit about it in JP magazine a few months ago. Probably a case of showing the product to the customer too early before it's ready for release. It's a business mistake I see all the time. The good news is they are taking their time (hopefully to not release it with problems), and they haven't taken any orders yet. I've seen some products that are shown way too early, orders are taken, then delayed multiple times, then the order or product has problems. That's a good way to really make a customer angry. I'm thinking I may upgrade the brakes summer 2020, so they've still got time from my point of view!

flaxbourton

Solid long term strategy, but there are exponentially more JK's out there than JL's. That will be the case for many years still. Either way, would be good to know if anyone has an update.

a victim of their own success? Maybe not enough incentive for current progrip owners to upgrade? I've got enough stopping power as far as I can tell.

How much do other kits similar to the progrip II cost? I dropped $1K on my progrips. These looke like they'd cost twice as much.

That being said, if these do come out.... how much should i sell my progrips for?.... hahahah jk.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Solid long term strategy, but there are exponentially more JK's out there than JL's. That will be the case for many years still. Either way, would be good to know if anyone has an update.

Got a response. They have not killed or shelved the project, but have no updates at all beyond that. Sorry.

I don’t know why that should surprise you. That is a solid strategy. They cannot afford to play catch-up, in the JL and JT markets. Companies that succeed, plan for the future.

I’m sure that 100 years ago, a lot of buggy & wagon builders went out of business as the automobile came along, and someone said, “We should focus on the horse & buggy, because there are way more of them out there.”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

flaxbourton

I don’t know why that should surprise you. That is a solid strategy. They cannot afford to play catch-up, in the JL and JT markets. Companies that succeed, plan for the future.

I’m sure that 100 years ago, a lot of buggy & wagon builders went out of business as the automobile came along, and someone said, “We should focus on the horse & buggy, because there are way more of them out there.”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure I said I was surprised on any front. Their response was right on point with the zero information I expected it to provide. Regarding JL development, of course they would be focusing the majority of new development there. The JK aftermarket is pretty well saturated. About the only thing that does surprise me is how far back they have been talking about the imminent arrival of the ProGrip II and it still hasn't hit the market. One might even go so far as to say maybe its development should have been completed already to allow them to focus even more effort on the JL.

Top Bottom