My transmission is leaking

KeroJK

Hey guys, so I got in an accident recently, visual damage that's all, rear bumper and fender took the hit, I had the work done and got the jeep back less than a week ago, on my way from work yesterday, the transmission was slipping in drive (mainly off the line) and doing weird knocks. I have a 2007, 3.8 2 door automatic with 115k. I called the insurance company and they are gonna take a look at it to determine if this was caused by the accident and based on that they can see if they can fix it. For the meantime idk what to do, I have determined that the slipping was caused by the transmission not have any fluid. It leaked everything on the ground. should I drop the pan, apply a new seal, and filter, bolt it back up and see if it still leaks and slips or could I have done bigger damage in driving it (about 9 miles). What should be the plan?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

KeroJK

Top up the fluid and see if that takes care of it.

If all the fluid leaks out on the ground, obviously you need to fix the leak.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
How should I go about checking the leak out, should I take it in or is there a trick or common spots, my guess is that it is the pan, front and rear of it and it does leak pretty quickly.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
How should I go about checking the leak out, should I take it in or is there a trick or common spots, my guess is that it is the pan, front and rear of it and it does leak pretty quickly.

Wipe your transmission pan down really well and place some clean cardboard or newspaper underneath. Check under the Jeep the next day, it should be pretty obvious where the leak is coming from. If there’s a skid plate under your pan, remove it first.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom