Moab, Top of the World

GTJeeper

For my Spring break this year some buddies and I are headed down to Moab, we’re going to MTB more than anything but they agreed it would be fun do run a trail while we’re down there. I’m hoping to run Top of the World but saw it’s a bit out of the way.
If I’m only able to run one trail, is Top of the World worth it? I’m not looking for anything crazy difficult as I’ll have to drive the Jeep back up to Spokane, WA after the trip. Also, does anyone have an estimate how long it’d take? We’re staring in the heart of downtown and I’m trying to get a time estimate out and back.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

It is quite a drive to the trail from town. A nice and scenic drive along the river but it takes a little bit. The view at the top is worth it I think.

For my Spring break this year some buddies and I are headed down to Moab, we’re going to MTB more than anything but they agreed it would be fun do run a trail while we’re down there. I’m hoping to run Top of the World but saw it’s a bit out of the way.
If I’m only able to run one trail, is Top of the World worth it? I’m not looking for anything crazy difficult as I’ll have to drive the Jeep back up to Spokane, WA after the trip. Also, does anyone have an estimate how long it’d take? We’re staring in the heart of downtown and I’m trying to get a time estimate out and back.

Thanks for the help!

It’s not bad. About 40 minutes or so to the trailhead. A few hours to the top and roughly that same 40 or so minutes back. It’s worth making the trip out.
IMG_1243.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
If you are looking for photo ops, Top of the World is hard to beat. Try to time it so you get to the cliff (end) at sunrise.

If you are looking for unique Moab wheeling, there are better choices. Something close to town, easy, and fun is a combo of Fins and Things plus Hell’s Revenge.

GTJeeper

If you are looking for photo ops, Top of the World is hard to beat. Try to time it so you get to the cliff (end) at sunrise.

If you are looking for unique Moab wheeling, there are better choices. Something close to town, easy, and fun is a combo of Fins and Things plus Hell’s Revenge.

Sounds it’s worth it, we’re all pretty into photography so it should be enjoyable for them also.

fiend, I see you said sunrise is great, is sunset good also or not so much?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks for the help!

As others have mentioned, it's an easy enough trail and with a killer view at the end. It'll take you about 45 min to get to the trail head from downtown and assuming there isn't traffic on the trail, maybe about an hour to run.

20180331215622-e0cc2f91-me.jpg

GTJeeper

As others have mentioned, it's an easy enough trail and with a killer view at the end. It'll take you about 45 min to get to the trail head from downtown and assuming there isn't traffic on the trail, maybe about an hour to run.

20180331215622-e0cc2f91-me.jpg

That’s not too bad at all time wise, I was thinking it’d be a few hours each way. Thanks Eddie.

desertrunner

As everyone else has mentioned about 45 mins to get there and 2-3 hours on the trail depending on how many pictures you stop and take. The views are definitely worth seeing. The trail isn't all that difficult.
There are a ton of good options out there for views and unique Wheeling trails but don't let the drive discourage you from doing TOW it's beautiful

20180823_115119.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

DaJudge

It is a great trail and the views are great as well.
Personally I think that Poison Spider or Seven Mile Rim are more fun and they also have beautiful views. They are also closer to town.

GTJeeper

It is a great trail and the views are great as well.
Personally I think that Poison Spider or Seven Mile Rim are more fun and they also have beautiful views. They are also closer to town.

Right on I’ll look into those and see what the group is interested in. I’ve heard good things about Poison Spider.

I’ll be getting in on the 10 of March, and leaving the 14 or 15. We’re mainly there to MTB but I believe we’re planning the Jeep day for the 12 or 13.

Well... we’re going to be there the 14th-17th. Planning to arrive mid morning on the 14th. I’d be happy to take you out somewhere if you’re still in town. PM me if you want. I’ll give you my number.

GTJeeper

Thanks to all who helped answer my questions on this trail. I wasn’t able to be up there for sunrise or sunset as many suggested but I was able to make it out there regardless. It was perfect for what we were looking for and well worth it, hopefully I’ll make it back down sometime soon and can meet up with a few members to help show me around. Again thanks for all the help and here’s a few photos from the trip,

DSC00339.jpg
DSC00364.jpg
DSC_6142.jpg

Top Bottom