Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: ARB twin compressor not generating pressure

  1. #11
    Addict JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    6,976
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    ARB is going to warranty it, I didnít have much doubt there. Theyíll send out two new motors to replace the existing units with the sheared bolts stuck inside. Thank you ARB!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That is an example of customer service right there! Did they ask you how old it is or anything?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #12
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    That is an example of customer service right there! Did they ask you how old it is or anything?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    They did, and wanted the receipt. But did not seem concerned about being under the hood. Iím still unsure how exactly it managed to shear both bolts. A bit confusing.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  3. #13
    Old Timer Jsouder53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Gallatin Gateway, Montana
    Posts
    3,316
    Glad to hear they are going to warranty it!

  4. #14
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    4,667
    Rebuilt the compressor this afternoon with the replacement motors and pistons ARB shipped over under warranty. Itís holding pressure and running great.

    IMG_0637.jpgIMG_0735.jpg

    I didnít notice it when it was mounted in the Jeep but it looks like the left piston broke some time before the right. The blue mount is significantly lighter from one side to the other and all I can figure is the darker unit wasnít generating as much heat with out the load of the piston on it. The motor always ran, so when Iíd check it, it seemed fine but wasnít generating pressure. One more advantage of the twin. You can loose one side and still have a back up.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  5. #15
    Addict JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    6,976
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Rebuilt the compressor this afternoon with the replacement motors and pistons ARB shipped over under warranty. Itís holding pressure and running great.

    IMG_0637.jpgIMG_0735.jpg

    I didnít notice it when it was mounted in the Jeep but it looks like the left piston broke some time before the right. The blue mount is significantly lighter from one side to the other and all I can figure is the darker unit wasnít generating as much heat with out the load of the piston on it. The motor always ran, so when Iíd check it, it seemed fine but wasnít generating pressure. One more advantage of the twin. You can loose one side and still have a back up.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Now it will seem faster to air up too


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #16
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Now it will seem faster to air up too


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Iím hoping so!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  7. #17
    Old Timer Andy5160's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Rebuilt the compressor this afternoon with the replacement motors and pistons ARB shipped over under warranty. Itís holding pressure and running great.

    IMG_0637.jpgIMG_0735.jpg

    I didnít notice it when it was mounted in the Jeep but it looks like the left piston broke some time before the right. The blue mount is significantly lighter from one side to the other and all I can figure is the darker unit wasnít generating as much heat with out the load of the piston on it. The motor always ran, so when Iíd check it, it seemed fine but wasnít generating pressure. One more advantage of the twin. You can loose one side and still have a back up.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Nice


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Arb twin air compressor set up
    By wharfrat1121 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-21-2018, 11:00 PM
  2. arb twin compressor and kit
    By srosario in forum FOR SALE (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2017, 07:30 PM
  3. ARB twin compressor pressure switch replacement
    By wjtstudios in forum General Off-Road Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2017, 11:37 PM
  4. ARB Twin compressor help
    By mastrcruse in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-23-2015, 01:04 AM
  5. ARB Twin compressor 12v vs. 24v
    By PlenaBarba in forum General Off-Road Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2014, 03:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS