Thread: Do i have to use the Evo lever kit with this kit

Hooked

Do i have to use the Evo lever kit with this kit

Hello people near and far

i am look at upgrading to a long arm kit and wanna use the EVO MFG Long Arm Upgrade Kit, Use with EVOLever as its high clearance and the other system they offer isnt.
    i am running the EVO bolt on coil overs already but not looking at upgrading to the lever kit for awhile.
    any advice is apprecaited

Thanks Jeepers

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    been wondering what difference is as well.

Call the guys at Evo or Bubba at Exodus. Either one will clear up that difference

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by selnet View Post
    Hello people near and far

i am look at upgrading to a long arm kit and wanna use the EVO MFG Long Arm Upgrade Kit, Use with EVOLever as its high clearance and the other system they offer isnt.
    i am running the EVO bolt on coil overs already but not looking at upgrading to the lever kit for awhile.
    any advice is apprecaited

Thanks Jeepers
    The reason why you cannot run this kit with other kits is because you are required to cut off the lower control arm brackets on the axle, also removing your shock mounts, which is why they say only for use with the Evo Lever. If you have fab skills you can make it work, I was able to make it work with shocks and springs, I took it to Bubba at exodus jeeps to refab the shock mounts when I upgraded to bolt on coil overs

Hooked
    I live in Australia hence why ive posted otherwise i would of called EVO themselves

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Call the guys at Evo or Bubba at Exodus. Either one will clear up that difference

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    The reason why you cannot run this kit with other kits is because you are required to cut off the lower control arm brackets on the axle, also removing your shock mounts, which is why they say only for use with the Evo Lever. If you have fab skills you can make it work, I was able to make it work with shocks and springs, I took it to Bubba at exodus jeeps to refab the shock mounts when I upgraded to bolt on coil overs
    Thanks mate for your input. do you have any photos i can look at.

Quote Originally Posted by selnet View Post
    Thanks mate for your input. do you have any photos i can look at.
    I believe EVO does make a bracket now that will work. But you still have to cut the lower control arm/shock mount off and weld the new one on. Best advice is to call them and ask.
    IMG_6981.jpg
    I can’t remember if this is the final version of what we built on Benito’s but it kind of gives you an idea. The benefit of the high clearance kit is more for the frame mounts than that axle mounts, in my opinion anyways.