Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Do i have to use the Evo lever kit with this kit

  1. #1
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    103

    Do i have to use the Evo lever kit with this kit

    Hello people near and far

    i am look at upgrading to a long arm kit and wanna use the EVO MFG Long Arm Upgrade Kit, Use with EVOLever as its high clearance and the other system they offer isnt.
    i am running the EVO bolt on coil overs already but not looking at upgrading to the lever kit for awhile.
    any advice is apprecaited

    Thanks Jeepers

  2. #2
    Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    975
    been wondering what difference is as well.

  3. #3
    Addict wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    6,258
    Call the guys at Evo or Bubba at Exodus. Either one will clear up that difference


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  4. #4
    Nothing but a Thing Benito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Mexico/Texas
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by selnet View Post
    Hello people near and far

    i am look at upgrading to a long arm kit and wanna use the EVO MFG Long Arm Upgrade Kit, Use with EVOLever as its high clearance and the other system they offer isnt.
    i am running the EVO bolt on coil overs already but not looking at upgrading to the lever kit for awhile.
    any advice is apprecaited

    Thanks Jeepers
    The reason why you cannot run this kit with other kits is because you are required to cut off the lower control arm brackets on the axle, also removing your shock mounts, which is why they say only for use with the Evo Lever. If you have fab skills you can make it work, I was able to make it work with shocks and springs, I took it to Bubba at exodus jeeps to refab the shock mounts when I upgraded to bolt on coil overs

  5. #5
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    103
    I live in Australia hence why ive posted otherwise i would of called EVO themselves






    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Call the guys at Evo or Bubba at Exodus. Either one will clear up that difference


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #6
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    The reason why you cannot run this kit with other kits is because you are required to cut off the lower control arm brackets on the axle, also removing your shock mounts, which is why they say only for use with the Evo Lever. If you have fab skills you can make it work, I was able to make it work with shocks and springs, I took it to Bubba at exodus jeeps to refab the shock mounts when I upgraded to bolt on coil overs
    Thanks mate for your input. do you have any photos i can look at.

  7. #7
    Advertiser Exodus Jeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by selnet View Post
    Thanks mate for your input. do you have any photos i can look at.
    I believe EVO does make a bracket now that will work. But you still have to cut the lower control arm/shock mount off and weld the new one on. Best advice is to call them and ask.
    IMG_6981.jpg
    I can’t remember if this is the final version of what we built on Benito’s but it kind of gives you an idea. The benefit of the high clearance kit is more for the frame mounts than that axle mounts, in my opinion anyways.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. EVO DTD Lever
    By TwistedTj in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-07-2017, 10:04 PM
  2. Evo lever question
    By Blazindevl in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2016, 01:31 AM
  3. Evo lever instalation
    By BrandonDetrick in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-10-2015, 09:37 PM
  4. EVO Lever - What about the exhaust?
    By jk12blk in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 12:28 AM
  5. EVO Lever and some measurements
    By joelbarras20 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 06:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS