CarPlay radio

WillysJkJeeper

I wouldnt waste your money on the Alpine restyle radio it has some major issues which in the end will make u regret paying that much for a radio; Radio has a 2 yr old processior. Alpine really needs to invest in better parts for this radio its not worth the big price tag.

longarmwj

I wouldnt waste your money on the Alpine restyle radio it has some major issues which in the end will make u regret paying that much for a radio; Radio has a 2 yr old processior. Alpine really needs to invest in better parts for this radio its not worth the big price tag.

Everyone they i know that has that radio love it. I haven’t heard any complaints about it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I have a Sony Car Play ready radio that I installed in my ‘08 Trailblazer SS. I’ll look up the model number. It works perfect though. I used a Metra device to integrate Salk my steering wheel buttons and to make it work with my oem Bose sound system with the amp/sub. I chose it because I’m not a fan of pioneer stuff, and wanted an actual volume knob.

IMG_2957.jpg

Last edited:

SLO

Interesting. I haven’t heard of any issues and haven’t had any myself. I searched as much as I could before I bought mine to see if there were complaints and couldn’t find anything outside of normal. The only compliant I have is that the resolution of the screen isn’t amazing but I wouldn’t have even know better if it weren’t for getting a JL and seeing what hi-res looks like on an 8.4” screen. The 8.4” Uconnect display on the JL is the best I have seen in any vehicle so far (Tesla aside).

It’s the
alpine i207-wra

I got the beta version. You can sign up for it I believe, I have had beta access for many years. They recently opened it to the public to sign up.

Radio is great though and love the one connection for engine info and tire pressure. You can also use it as a switch panel for accessories.
IMG_0551.jpg

MericaMade

It’s the
alpine i207-wra

I got the beta version. You can sign up for it I believe, I have had beta access for many years. They recently opened it to the public to sign up.

Radio is great though and love the one connection for engine info and tire pressure. You can also use it as a switch panel for accessories.
View attachment 331389

Thanks just ordered this unit, should be here shortly. Look like the stock Navi unit will be up for sale soon.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Torrin

I opted for a Pioneer AVH-w4500NEX. It retains DVD/CD player, has a removable face, and supports Carplay (wired and wireless)/Android Auto (Wired and Wireless)/Bluetooth/ODB Stats. I installed one in my wife's RAV4 this week and it is pretty awesome. I will be installing one in my JKU the beginning of September, I am not sure if I will install one in Vengeance.

Torrin

I opted for a Pioneer AVH-w4500NEX. It retains DVD/CD player, has a removable face, and supports Carplay (wired and wireless)/Android Auto (Wired and Wireless)/Bluetooth/ODB Stats. I installed one in my wife's RAV4 this week and it is pretty awesome. I will be installing one in my JKU the beginning of September, I am not sure if I will install one in Vengeance.

Edit, after GOOBS of research, I opted for the ilx207-WRA as it comes with a metal support plate and robust side plates. Other non-specific wrangler application like the w4500NEX will cost you the top screw on your dash and likely will make your dash flex like mad around the radio (that is what I have read) so while I am happy with the w4500NEX in my wifes RAV4, it will not be going into my 2017 JKU. Installing tomorrow night if it shows up on time.

MericaMade

Edit, after GOOBS of research, I opted for the ilx207-WRA as it comes with a metal support plate and robust side plates. Other non-specific wrangler application like the w4500NEX will cost you the top screw on your dash and likely will make your dash flex like mad around the radio (that is what I have read) so while I am happy with the w4500NEX in my wifes RAV4, it will not be going into my 2017 JKU. Installing tomorrow night if it shows up on time.

I just bought the rear WRA bracket separate and now have the exacted same setup up as the WRA but saved about $250 spending 30 minutes connecting all the wires myself.

Last edited:

Torrin

I just bought the rear WRA bracket separate and now have the exacted same setup up as the WRA but saved about $250 spending 30 minutes connecting all the wires myself.

Hmmm, not sure how you saved $250, since I only never said what I paid (and I didn't pay retail). If you bought the bracket separately, you would have had to buy the Maestro separately, and the metra kit (and I( think that is plastic) which from a retail POV adds nearly $200 to the price of an ILX-107. For me to have everything on one box was nice, and I got a pretty good deal on it. I do not love the Apline compared to the Pioneer (especially since wireless carplay is pretty awesome), but the rigidity in the dash is worth it, since I built it to wheel and I don't want the dash going all flexy on me.

MericaMade

Hmmm, not sure how you saved $250, since I only never said what I paid (and I didn't pay retail). If you bought the bracket separately, you would have had to buy the Maestro separately, and the metra kit (and I( think that is plastic) which from a retail POV adds nearly $200 to the price of an ILX-107. For me to have everything on one box was nice, and I got a pretty good deal on it. I do not love the Apline compared to the Pioneer (especially since wireless carplay is pretty awesome), but the rigidity in the dash is worth it, since I built it to wheel and I don't want the dash going all flexy on me.

You are right, I did not compare to your undisclosed amount you paid. I based it off the ILX-207-WRA 999.99 price. I pieced it all together on amazon saving me $250. I agree with you that the all in one WRA package is nice but to others looking to save a buck there are ways around it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom