Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Exodus Jeeps 7075 XD Tie Rods

Bubba,

Would you say this is stronger then other tie rods on the market or is it more flexible or both? And just for my confirmation will this fit on a Dana 44 with the Evo drag link flip? I asked because there are certain things I've seen and like but they only fit with aftermarket axles.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing desertrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    Bubba,

Would you say this is stronger then other tie rods on the market or is it more flexible or both? And just for my confirmation will this fit on a Dana 44 with the Evo drag link flip? I asked because there are certain things I've seen and like but they only fit with aftermarket axles.

Can't speak for strength but I can speak to flexibility. I drug mine over a rock and it deformed like crazy and came back straight and have personally seen stock ones be bent from the amount of deflection I had. I do have a PR44 but I don't see why it wouldn't fit a stock 44. Also you should have no issues with the Evo flip there will be no clearance issues VideoCapture_20190831-163901.jpegVideoCapture_20190831-155127.jpeg20190608_113410.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' F150

Bubba,

I'm running it on a factory D-44 with the drag link flip.

I don't know about others on the market, but you can jack your Jeep up with this rod, make it smile really big, and when you take the load off, it will be as straight as the day you took it out of the box.

Mine has pushed so many rocks out of the way that most of the anodized coating on the front and bottom is gone. I would have gotten a bare one, but he was out when I needed it.

Other than having it rotate due to forgetting to put lock tight on the jamb nuts, it has been perfect.

Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Can't speak for strength but I can speak to flexibility. I drug mine over a rock and it deformed like crazy and came back straight and have personally seen stock ones be bent from the amount of deflection I had. I do have a PR44 but I don't see why it wouldn't fit a stock 44. Also you should have no issues with the Evo flip there will be no clearance issues VideoCapture_20190831-163901.jpegVideoCapture_20190831-155127.jpeg20190608_113410.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That tie rod looks really stout. Two questions: did you get the finish from Exodus or just rattle can it and which drag link is that?
    "all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by nmwranglerx View Post
    That tie rod looks really stout. Two questions: did you get the finish from Exodus or just rattle can it and which drag link is that?
    He got the hard coat anodizing and thatís our drag link as well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bubba,

7075 is 7075, so I can really say itís stronger than other 7075 aluminum tie rods. I believe itís better than most tie rods available, but Dave (Synergy) and I have had a few conversations about tie rods and his chromoly tie rod technically is stronger. The Synergy tie rod is a specific type of chromoly that bends and goes back straight like the aluminum tie rod, but without an ďexpiration dateĒ. What that means is that the 7075 can only be bent so many times until itís elasticity is diminished, and it stays bent. The reality is though, youíll never hit it against that many rocks. That duty cycle is a ridiculously high number. If you somehow manage to bend it, Iíll gladly replace it for free. What Iím not exactly sure about is if the chromoly Synergy uses can flex as MUCH as the 7075. Iíd think the aluminum could flex more, but I canít make that claim for sure.

Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    7075 is 7075, so I can really say itís stronger than other 7075 aluminum tie rods. I believe itís better than most tie rods available, but Dave (Synergy) and I have had a few conversations about tie rods and his chromoly tie rod technically is stronger. The Synergy tie rod is a specific type of chromoly that bends and goes back straight like the aluminum tie rod, but without an ďexpiration dateĒ. What that means is that the 7075 can only be bent so many times until itís elasticity is diminished, and it stays bent. The reality is though, youíll never hit it against that many rocks. That duty cycle is a ridiculously high number. If you somehow manage to bend it, Iíll gladly replace it for free. What Iím not exactly sure about is if the chromoly Synergy uses can flex as MUCH as the 7075. Iíd think the aluminum could flex more, but I canít make that claim for sure.

Here is a video of me abusing the synergy tie rod . Have been really happy with it to date . Was going to get yours bud you were out of stock at that exact time

https://youtu.be/sAm7gF0uzE8

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    I'm running it on a factory D-44 with the drag link flip.

I don't know about others on the market, but you can jack your Jeep up with this rod, make it smile really big, and when you take the load off, it will be as straight as the day you took it out of the box.

Mine has pushed so many rocks out of the way that most of the anodized coating on the front and bottom is gone. I would have gotten a bare one, but he was out when I needed it.

Other than having it rotate due to forgetting to put lock tight on the jamb nuts, it has been perfect.
    Thank you good to know and I like what I am seeing in the videos about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post

Thanks Bubba I am going put a order in with you around black Friday.

So I havenít wheeled with the new stabilizer on yet... last time out (with the stabilizer removed) the lower tab got bent from the tie rod pushing up into it from a rock.

Is this normal? Did I mount the shock too close to the tie rod? I was trying to get it as parallel as possible with a little wiggle room. Next time this happens it will be pushing into the lower shock nut for sure.

IMG_2008.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    So I havenít wheeled with the new stabilizer on yet... last time out (with the stabilizer removed) the lower tab got bent from the tie rod pushing up into it from a rock.

Is this normal? Did I mount the shock too close to the tie rod? I was trying to get it as parallel as possible with a little wiggle room. Next time this happens it will be pushing into the lower shock nut for sure.

IMG_2008.jpg
    How much is it pushing into it? Is it just barely hitting it or what? When I installed my ram, I had to grind the nut down by about half so my tie rod would clear it, but after that it was good.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast