Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Exodus Jeeps 7075 XD Tie Rods

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    How much is it pushing into it? Is it just barely hitting it or what? When I installed my ram, I had to grind the nut down by about half so my tie rod would clear it, but after that it was good.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Would only hit if I slam a rock and it's pushed up into it... I know... pick good lines... but it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    So I havenít wheeled with the new stabilizer on yet... last time out (with the stabilizer removed) the lower tab got bent from the tie rod pushing up into it from a rock.

Is this normal? Did I mount the shock too close to the tie rod? I was trying to get it as parallel as possible with a little wiggle room. Next time this happens it will be pushing into the lower shock nut for sure.

Attachment 337950
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    How much is it pushing into it? Is it just barely hitting it or what? When I installed my ram, I had to grind the nut down by about half so my tie rod would clear it, but after that it was good.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    It don't hit unless you are jacked up on a rock. With the stabilizer bolted in place, it will probably keep it from bending the tabs, since they will be in effect boxed due to the bolt tying the top and bottom together.

If you don't drive like me it should be just fine, even if it runs now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    It don't hit unless you are jacked up on a rock. With the stabilizer bolted in place, it will probably keep it from bending the tabs, since they will be in effect boxed due to the bolt tying the top and bottom together.

If you don't drive like me it should be just fine, even if it runs now and then.
    Right.... should be fine... just more pressure on the track bar bracket... but I don't see any way around it.... shits gonna hit.

Nothing but a Thing desertrunner's Avatar
    Bubba with how flexible these things are have you seen any issues with people running hydro assist with them and them flexing under the pressure of the hydro?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' F150

Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Bubba with how flexible these things are have you seen any issues with people running hydro assist with them and them flexing under the pressure of the hydro?

I've has zero issues with mine. Been on since March or so. And the pressure on a hydro setup is in a longitudinal direction so there really wouldn't be much flexing in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    So I havenít wheeled with the new stabilizer on yet... last time out (with the stabilizer removed) the lower tab got bent from the tie rod pushing up into it from a rock.

Is this normal? Did I mount the shock too close to the tie rod? I was trying to get it as parallel as possible with a little wiggle room. Next time this happens it will be pushing into the lower shock nut for sure.

Attachment 337950
    I would flip the bolt over. Other than that I donít really see you getting around that rubbing, other than switching your clamp to a high mounting point and moving the track bar mounting location higher.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post

I havenít had any issues with hydro assist. If anything itís an added bonus that it flexes and doesnít stress out the end links. Get after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    I would flip the bolt over. Other than that I donít really see you getting around that rubbing, other than switching your clamp to a high mounting point and moving the track bar mounting location higher.

Iím going to try and squeeze a button head bolt in from the bottom to minimize any gouging on the tie rod.

You can get half height nylock nuts from McMaster Carr. Iíd suggest that over sticking the bolt up from the bottom. If the nut falls off the bolt will fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    You can get half height nylock nuts from McMaster Carr. Iíd suggest that over sticking the bolt up from the bottom. If the nut falls off the bolt will fall out.

This.

--
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast