Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Craziest Obstacle

Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    When Slimebones and I hit Moab Rim, we both walked up the Z turn pretty effortlessly. Coming back down the Z turn though, I just charged ahead and lifted the passenger rear really high when the front end dropped off the last and biggest ledge. That was nearly a brown-pants moment.
    Good thing you knew when "not" to hit the brakes!! Rolled right thru it. I can clearly still hear Trisha's scream!

IMG_3952.jpg
    This one gets me every time at k2 in Mason, Tx
    I see all the other jeeps go though but when you do it in yours you feel like your just gonna lay it over.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Lol. The worst feeling I've had was on the Rubicon. Picked a bad line and my rear passenger tire slid off a rock. Part of it was I wasn't fully awake yet, part of it was when I reached for my winch controller I could feel the Jeep teetering.

Here's Clearskies taking his sweet time and striking a pose before hooking my winch up. 🙄

Attachment 321952

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    That was close. I had a good view from the rear, and you stopped just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by bhaner View Post
    I am curious what did it for you. You know that feeling. The Jeep tilts JUST far enough that your hind end gets a good grip on the seat....

For me it was this trail in Rimrock, Wa. It wasn't the steepest I have been on... It wasn't the most side hill either... But when you put the two together!!!!

Just after the 4:00 mark in this video...

https://youtu.be/T6OnUWAKaVk
    That looked hairy. Pictures never do it justice.

Mine was in the snow last weekend. Crossing a side hill section, snow, and the packed part was ice. The rear end slid out of the small ruts and right to the edge of about a 40 foot drop.
    I was able to walk it sideways until it came back on the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    That was close. I had a good view from the rear, and you stopped just in time.
    Lol. Pictures never do things justice. I should say that that last Calico run got me on Pucker Pass backwards... That was the first time I actually lost my breath.

Mine was in the snow last weekend. Crossing a side hill section, snow, and the packed part was ice. The rear end slid out of the small ruts and right to the edge of about a 40 foot drop.
    I was able to walk it sideways until it came back on the road.
    Jeez... Was that on Holcomb Valley or another trail up there?

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    IMG_8786.jpg

Mine was when I was driving someone else’s Jeep at Hidden Falls.

Lol. Pictures never do things justice. I should say that that last Calico run got me on Pucker Pass backwards... That was the first time I actually lost my breath.

Jeez... Was that on Holcomb Valley or another trail up there?

--
    It was on 3N16 between the horse camp and Crab Flats.

I drove it going West, and was able to stay in the ruts, as it was a little bit downhill. I had to come back after finding people stranded.
    Going uphill, even a little, was enough to cause me to slip, and I was not locked. I ended up in low, both lockers, and just went for it.

Then I walked back to the people I was helping, and found out they came a different way, and it was easy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Craziest Obstacle

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    For me it was metalic guiding up the V notch at the Badlands. Looked at the sky for quite awhile on that one. Attachment 321963

That’s pretty steep looking. Am still trying to figure out what area of the park that is. Is it to the right after the checkpoint and down the little hill at entry?
    Last edited by VeruGE*144; 02-28-2019 at 04:15 AM.

For me so far is the rattler waterfall climb at SMORR. It didn’t feel too bad although it was pretty steep.
    https://youtu.be/reLe_nQv3MQ

It was on 3N16 between the horse camp and Crab Flats.

I drove it going West, and was able to stay in the ruts, as it was a little bit downhill. I had to come back after finding people stranded.
    Going uphill, even a little, was enough to cause me to slip, and I was not locked. I ended up in low, both lockers, and just went for it.

Then I walked back to the people I was helping, and found out they came a different way, and it was easy.
    Yeah, we took 3N16 East past Gold Mountain and went out at the dump station. There were a couple sketchy areas on the shady side of the mountain. I could see that getting scary especially after sundown. Glad you made it out okay. 🍻

--
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Yeah, we took 3N16 East past Gold Mountain and went out at the dump station. There were a couple sketchy areas on the shady side of the mountain. I could see that getting scary especially after sundown. Glad you made it out okay. 🍻

--

Thanks

I came in by the dump, and was trying to get to Green Valley Lakes, to get past the closure on 18

I was 3 miles short of Crab Flats when I found two rigs stranded at a huge wash out. There was a bypass, but icy and way off camber. My imitation Maxtrax worked great for that.

I helped them past there, and another wash out, but a third one made us turn back.

I could have made it, and could have drug them, but their rigs would not have been the same.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast