Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Craziest Obstacle

Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post
    Thatís pretty steep looking. Am still trying to figure out what area of the park that is. Is it to the right after the checkpoint and down the little hill at entry?
    Itís around the back side of the quarry between the quarry and the field. After you climb any of the lines inside of the quarry, you end up on that upper trail, follow that around back.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

IMG_5595.jpg
    One would be The Gauntlet at Morris Mountain. Hereís a picture of the easy part sadly no pictures of the hard section. It being wet didnít help.
    IMG_5943.jpg
    IMG_5951.jpg
    Another would be this unnamed trail at Choccolocco. What you canít see in the picture is the undercut rock ledge you have to get up on top of. The way the driver side was set up made it hard to get driver and it ended up with me teetering and having to pull cable

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Craziest one for my was Pritchett canyon as a whole but rocker knocker was pretty crazy
    Attachment 321964
    That was a good one too! I made it up rocker knocker in my TJ but had to winch a bunch of the other stuff on that trail.
    Byron Haner - Wickersham, Wa
    -Currently Building-
    2016 JKUR HR
    Evo Offroad DTD w/Evo Lever
    Dynatrac Elite ProRock XD60/80
    40" Procomp MT, 17" B.A.D. Wheels

My Build Thread

Nothing but a Thing Saharaunlmtd's Avatar
    For me so far is the rattler waterfall climb at SMORR. It didnít feel too bad although it was pretty steep.
    https://youtu.be/reLe_nQv3MQ
    That is one obstacle that I seen in videos from time to time where itís just hard to believe a Jeep can make it up. You definitely made it look easy walking right up it but Iíve seen others turn it into a cringeworthy scene.

Great thread!!
    For me so far is the rattler waterfall climb at SMORR. It didnít feel too bad although it was pretty steep.
    https://youtu.be/reLe_nQv3MQ
    That was a crazy one! Really fun to watch you go up it.

Maybe one of these days if I'm sitting on 37s...

Nothing but a Thing AZ Explorer's Avatar
    My craziest obstacle is my wife whenever the Jeep is getting too spendy. Jeep is sending me a badge of honor for my credit card.
    Seriously though, I had an old chevy pickup as a (dumb) teen and somehow thought it would be a good idea to cross a shallow pond with a big hill on the other side. Turns out not so shallow.
    The hood was higher than my shoulders and that ended up just below the water line. Luckiest day ever because I panicked and just floored it, making it across and up the hill without filling the engine with frogs and pond water.

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Explorer View Post
    My craziest obstacle is my wife whenever the Jeep is getting too spendy. Jeep is sending me a badge of honor for my credit card.
    Seriously though, I had an old chevy pickup as a (dumb) teen and somehow thought it would be a good idea to cross a shallow pond with a big hill on the other side. Turns out not so shallow.
    The hood was higher than my shoulders and that ended up just below the water line. Luckiest day ever because I panicked and just floored it, making it across and up the hill without filling the engine with frogs and pond water.
    I do whatever I can to bypass the ďwifeĒ obstacle. Not even Mel can get through that one.

The trail I will never forget was a Little Rock hill in Johnson Valley. It couldn't have been longer than 50 yd but I ended up having to winch twice and I did everything I could to not stick my hand out the window to catch myself from flopping over.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd View Post
    That is one obstacle that I seen in videos from time to time where itís just hard to believe a Jeep can make it up. You definitely made it look easy walking right up it but Iíve seen others turn it into a cringeworthy scene.

I was there and, oh it was cringe worthy!

Nothing but a Thing desertrunner's Avatar
    I have had a few but 2 most notable both in my old jeep.
    1st pic is somewhere in CO can't remember the trail name but an obstacle called the rock pile. Gave really good photo op but if you start sliding any direction it gets real sketchy.
    2nd is hell's gate in Moab this was my first time going up it and no one in my group had ever done it so I let a spotter from the previous group that just did it spot me up. What I failed to mention was it was a stick shift and my E brake cable snapped the day prior. For those that have done it about 3/4 the way up if you don't want your passenger side tire to come up so high you can stop back up a smidge and turn a little which is what my spotter tried to tell me to do. Last I remember is my tire coming up the spotter yelling for me to stop me yelling back no. All in all it turned out fine and I made it to the top but sucked up a whole lotta seat cushion

FB_IMG_1551400271579.jpeg

FB_IMG_1551400298440.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' F150

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast