Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : Understanding the FAD - How the JL Front Axle Disconnect Works

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Good informative video.

If the FAD is as reliable as the JKR electronic sway bar, Dynatrac is going to make a bunch of money selling a manual “no limits” FAD knob.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    I see a delete kit, with one piece axle shafts and something to convince the computer that everything is OK
    What Jerry said. There are already 1-piece kits available now and I'm sure more are coming. A Tazer will be able to bypass the FAD too.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Yeah I can see that too. I wonder if "deleting" it and bolting or welding a 3/16-5/16" plate in its place would do anything for strength there.
    I somehow doubt it but I'll bet someone comes out with something like it and or it being part of a truss.

Fresh Catch
    Excellent video!

Considering what Jeep does with everything else on the Rubicon you would think they'd just put some manual hubs on there. Save us all money in the long run.

Very informative! Was always wondering what would happen if you got rid of the fad and how the computer would react. Glad to know you don’t need to do anything with the t case as well like dynatrac initially thought
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Informative and concise...mahalo

Quote Originally Posted by Outrun View Post
    Excellent video!

Considering what Jeep does with everything else on the Rubicon you would think they'd just put some manual hubs on there. Save us all money in the long run.
    I'm pretty sure Jeep did it for the bulk of people who'll buy even a Rubicon and never use it for what it's capable of. Most people who will use 4WD at sometime or another even have a hard time with shifting the transfer case.

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Very informative! Was always wondering what would happen if you got rid of the fad and how the computer would react. Glad to know you don’t need to do anything with the t case as well like dynatrac initially thought
    It really is a good thing too. If that were the case, it would have made doing an axle swap a lot more time consuming and expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Informative and concise...mahalo
    Glad to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I'm pretty sure Jeep did it for the bulk of people who'll buy even a Rubicon and never use it for what it's capable of. Most people who will use 4WD at sometime or another even have a hard time with shifting the transfer case.
    Right? We should be thankful Jeep still makes them with a TC lever and not just a button on the dash like most 4wd vehicles these days.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Right? We should be thankful Jeep still makes them with a TC lever and not just a button on the dash like most 4wd vehicles these days.
    That's how it's like on pretty much every other Jeep made including the Cherokee. The fact that we still have a mechanical transfer case lever is nothing short of amazing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    That's how it's like on pretty much every other Jeep made including the Cherokee. The fact that we still have a mechanical transfer case lever is nothing short of amazing to me.
    As far as I know the wrangler is the only vehicle left with the T/C lever. In the states at least.

Quote Originally Posted by nbunga View Post
    As far as I know the wrangler is the only vehicle left with the T/C lever. In the states at least.
    That was my thought as well but I wasn't 100% sure.

Give me a lever. At least when you are a hundred miles from nowhere, you can fix it when it don't work.

I would rather have hubs too. Give me options so I can get back when things go wrong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast