Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : Understanding the FAD - How the JL Front Axle Disconnect Works

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Give me a lever. At least when you are a hundred miles from nowhere, you can fix it when it don't work.

I would rather have hubs too. Give me options so I can get back when things go wrong.
    I hear ya. It actually frustrates me that the automatic shift lever on the JL is drive by wire.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I hear ya. It actually frustrates me that the automatic shift lever on the JL is drive by wire.
    It also don't seem right how the manual shift mode is either.

In the JK, right and left to shift, then if you need reverse, especially in a hurry, it is straight forward.

Now, on the JL, you have to move the lever to the side for manual, then if reverse is needed, you have to go back to the auto mode before moving forward to reverse.

If you were in a bad spot, and need reverse NOW, it will not be easy.

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    More reason to go 6 speed on the JT 😀
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Fresh Catch
    Great video. I wish someone would design manual hubs for the JK and JL. I think there would be a market for it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    More reason to go 6 speed on the JT 😀
    LOL!! Still considering it but may just get whatever we can get if it means we can get it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by firejeeper View Post
    Great video. I wish someone would design manual hubs for the JK and JL. I think there would be a market for it.
    Actually, there are companies that already make and sell kits. They just cost a small fortune.

Fresh Catch
    Your right. I had just assumed that they weren’t out there because I haven’t seen any or heard about it. You know what they say about assume.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm enjoying all of your JL videos, even though I'll probably never own one. I think it's good to stay abreast of technology and other improvements. I average about 20 years between vehicles. My 2014 JK is a big come-upance electronics wise from my 99 Chevy, as it was from my 76 Ramcharger. Who knows what's going to be around in the 2030s, though by then I may be looking for a hoveround.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Another great video on how things work inside of these axles, thanks again for sharing them!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234