VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : The Inner Workings - JL Wrangler Gears vs Dynatrac ProRock 44

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As we've shown in previous episodes of the JL JOURNAL, improvements have definitely been made to the front axle housings that comes on the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. Granted, they are nowhere near what you'll find on a Dynatrac ProRock 44 but there's no denying that do come with beefier end forgings or at least, compared to what came on the JK Wrangler, have thicker brackets and even have slightly larger diameter tubes. But, what about what's inside? In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, Jim McGean, the owner of Dynatrac will show you what the Dana M186 and M210 gears, bearings and other important internal components look like compared to what you'll find in a ProRock 44. We hope you find the information in our video to be useful.

This is the 3rd in a series of JL JOURNAL's that we've made to help educate people about JL Wrangler axles and why you might want to consider a Dynatrac ProRock 44. We hope that you'll find them to be informative. Please check back soon for our next installment.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

El Toro

Eddie - Thanks for the time you put in to making these videos and making them available for free. I just keep learning and building my knowledge base.

Cheers! :beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie - Thanks for the time you put in to making these videos and making them available for free. I just keep learning and building my knowledge base.

Cheers! :beer:

It's our pleasure. It really is our only hope to share our experiences in the hopes of helping others learn how to help themselves. :cool:

TheGrendel

i guess i was on the channel at the right time. didn't realize this was just published. what a greatly informative series.

will you be doing a series on the JL rear axle? or maybe i missed it. would be interested in the difference if there is one between the rubicon and stock rears.

i'm not getting a JL anytime soon as my JK Recon is only 2 years old in April. but, it will be nice to know what to order. if i should go regular axles knowing, they'll both be tossed earlier on or what. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i guess i was on the channel at the right time. didn't realize this was just published. what a greatly informative series.

will you be doing a series on the JL rear axle? or maybe i missed it. would be interested in the difference if there is one between the rubicon and stock rears.

i'm not getting a JL anytime soon as my JK Recon is only 2 years old in April. but, it will be nice to know what to order. if i should go regular axles knowing, they'll both be tossed earlier on or what. :thumb:

We have not done a series on the rear axle and there really isn't a need for one. Even Dynatrac would be the first to say that Dana did pretty good with the factory rear axle and for most people, it's all they'll ever need. I should note that this goes for the JL and the JK especially being they are true 44's with 3" tubes. If you're really playing hard enough to warrant a new rear axle, a ProRock 60 or even better, XD60 front and rear is what I would recommend. Full float rear of course.

TheGrendel

We have not done a series on the rear axle and there really isn't a need for one. Even Dynatrac would be the first to say that Dana did pretty good with the factory rear axle and for most people, it's all they'll ever need. I should note that this goes for the JL and the JK especially being they are true 44's with 3" tubes. If you're really playing hard enough to warrant a new rear axle, a ProRock 60 or even better, XD60 front and rear is what I would recommend. Full float rear of course.

cool. i know you are generally anti-truss and this is a JL side of things. but, i'm planning on rolling 37s and staying like that on my JK for a few years minimum. just regeared with Exodus. what do you think of trussing the rear? worth it, not worth it?

WAYALIFE+Dynatrac= the best tech videos out there. I’ve watched all the videos you guys have done together. From the pro grip brakes video to the PR60, PR80, XD60 and of course, this series. And while I may not hang a pair of XD60’s under my JK anytime soon, the information is invaluable and can be applied to any vehicle. I’ve always enjoyed listening to the way Jim explains things and after meeting him on the New Years run this year, his depth of knowledge is incredible and you can really sense his passion for it and also how incredibly humble he is. People like Jim are very rare. We’re all lucky to have him and his team in this industry.
Thanks for getting together and making these videos. I also like the fact that they stay with what works. They aren’t trying to reinvent the wheel and drive costs up. They save all of us a lot of time money and headache. I wish every company followed the Dynatrac model for integrity and customer service. But I’m glad that they are the ones setting the standard.

flaxbourton

Great follow-up video to the PR 44 axle housing thickness video. Very informative. I also love that you include plenty of info for us JK guys.
Thanks for sharing!

jeeeep

Hooked
great series, great timing!

I was wondering why Dynatrac stuck with the JK gear setup and seeing the video along with hearing the "why", makes sense. :thumb:

now about those RCV's :thinking:

Bear_JT

Hooked
Very informative video! It’s amazing how much thought Jeep put into fuel economy, but it’s even better that Dynatrac has put more into durability.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
cool. i know you are generally anti-truss and this is a JL side of things. but, i'm planning on rolling 37s and staying like that on my JK for a few years minimum. just regeared with Exodus. what do you think of trussing the rear? worth it, not worth it?

I guess it all depends on how you use your Jeep. While I have seen rear axle housings bend, it's always been the exception and not the rule. What is the rule are bent axle shaft flanges.

WAYALIFE+Dynatrac= the best tech videos out there. I’ve watched all the videos you guys have done together. From the pro grip brakes video to the PR60, PR80, XD60 and of course, this series. And while I may not hang a pair of XD60’s under my JK anytime soon, the information is invaluable and can be applied to any vehicle. I’ve always enjoyed listening to the way Jim explains things and after meeting him on the New Years run this year, his depth of knowledge is incredible and you can really sense his passion for it and also how incredibly humble he is. People like Jim are very rare. We’re all lucky to have him and his team in this industry.
Thanks for getting together and making these videos. I also like the fact that they stay with what works. They aren’t trying to reinvent the wheel and drive costs up. They save all of us a lot of time money and headache. I wish every company followed the Dynatrac model for integrity and customer service. But I’m glad that they are the ones setting the standard.

Thanks Casey, we're so glad that you've been enjoying our videos with Dynatrac :)

Thanks Eddie, again a clear story.

That's why I'm so happy with my ProRock 44.

Awesome :)

Great follow-up video to the PR 44 axle housing thickness video. Very informative. I also love that you include plenty of info for us JK guys.
Thanks for sharing!

Glad we could help provide this kind of info to guys like you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent video...it's a ring-er, in my o-pinion...

LOL - thank you :)

great series, great timing!

I was wondering why Dynatrac stuck with the JK gear setup and seeing the video along with hearing the "why", makes sense. :thumb:

now about those RCV's :thinking:

I'm glad that we were able to help clear up the confusion that some have had with why they decided to stick with JK gears. When you see all the nitty gritty details, there's definitely a method to the madness.

Very informative video! It’s amazing how much thought Jeep put into fuel economy, but it’s even better that Dynatrac has put more into durability.

That's the way I see it too :)

TrailHunter

Hooked
I could listen to You & Jim talk about this stuff for hours... But I think the only true way for myself to understand is to rebuild an axle .... It’s really too bad that Jeep has to focus so much on mpg instead of durability... however good in that it keeps great companies like Dynatrac in business. Solid videos Eddie. [emoji1417]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I could listen to You & Jim talk about this stuff for hours... But I think the only true way for myself to understand is to rebuild an axle .... It’s really too bad that Jeep has to focus so much on mpg instead of durability... however good in that it keeps great companies like Dynatrac in business. Solid videos Eddie. [emoji1417]

LOL!! Thank you. We're so glad that you've been finding our videos to be interesting enough to watch. Hopefully we can help teach you a few things too :)

TrailHunter

Hooked
LOL!! Thank you. We're so glad that you've been finding our videos to be interesting enough to watch. Hopefully we can help teach you a few things too :)

Without a doubt man! You give us the Confidence to Explore new Mechanical Territories. (See what I did there) [emoji6]

Top Bottom