People always complain about HOAs. but there's a reason they exist.

TheGrendel

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/pflugerville-man-not-sure-why-people-dont-like-his-homes-paint-job

32pqZ5c.png

Pflugerville is a pretty typical developer led suburb of Austin. But, not all of the neighborhoods are new.

WJCO

Meme King
Our last home was in an HOA and we lucked out. Friendly neighbors and in the two years we lived there, we never got bugged by the HOA once. I've heard horror stories from other people though.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
HOA's suck. I am about to file a lawsuit (for a client, not personally) against one that enacted an anti-bullying policy. They are using the policy to fine homeowners who vocally and publicly disagree with the decisions of the HOA Board because, of course, it makes the Board feel harassed. I should note that this is for a 55+ retirement community, so the "snowflakiness" can't be blamed on millennials. ;)

Brute

Hooked
They can totally suck when you have idiots that get on the board...ask me how I know...

TheGrendel

absolutely they can suck and be horrible. but, then again, you don't get a Pepto Bismol house either. :cheesy:

Brute

Hooked
Did you make it on the board?[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've been asked to join several HOA boards over the years...I've decided that my time was better spent driving a Jeep or fishing than being enjoined in a excercise of futility...

I am a member of several other boards for foundations that have reasonable, like minded people with a common goal...this does not describe any HOA I've been in contact with...

fiend

Caught the Bug
I've been asked to join several HOA boards over the years...I've decided that my time was better spent driving a Jeep or fishing than being enjoined in a excercise of futility...

I am a member of several other boards for foundations that have reasonable, like minded people with a common goal...this does not describe any HOA I've been in contact with...

At least HOAs typically have a fairly regimented set of rules and guidelines. My wife used to be Head of a private elementary school. Like most schools, it has a parent association, ostensibly in existence to “help” the school and it’s administration. No rules, no procedures, no boundaries, no rationality. You think pink houses are bad, imagine when the school decides to focus on academics rather than handing out candy and hugs. 🤯🤯

Brute

Hooked
At least HOAs typically have a fairly regimented set of rules and guidelines. My wife used to be Head of a private elementary school. Like most schools, it has a parent association, ostensibly in existence to “help” the school and it’s administration. No rules, no procedures, no boundaries, no rationality. You think pink houses are bad, imagine when the school decides to focus on academics rather than handing out candy and hugs. 🤯🤯

Generally speaking, yes. However, try to sit in a meeting to discuss furniture options for the lobby, what color rugs for the elevator or reservation procedures for the grill/common area kitchen and quickly you exit to push two corkscrews thru your eyes since that would be the less painful option...

Brute

Hooked
I want to see a video of a board meeting with Overlander on the board.

That would make for an evening of entertainment...

President of the board..."I motion to to raise the HOA fees by 10% to prevent a special assessment for replacing the parking lot".

Overlander..."I motion that you go fuck yourself with a weed whacker, preferably running".

President..."but we need to replace the parking lot".

Overlander..."Fuck you, I have a Jeep and can park on anything".

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King

President of the board..."I motion to to raise the HOA fees by 10% to prevent a special assessment for replacing the parking lot".

Overlander..."I motion that you go fuck yourself with a weed whacker, preferably running".

:cheesy: Exactly.

I envision something similar.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Wow. That’s terrible. I remember when I use to live in big bear there was a lady that had. Stuff on her house that was painted pink and had a pink mustang in the drive way. We called it the Barbie house haha.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Fuck yourself with a weed wacker. Lol

Lojo

Haha that’s awesome!! Priceless

Top Bottom